Network Automation Engineer at Gemini
HELP US BUILD THE FUTURE OF MONEY
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Team: Infrastructure
Gemini’s Infrastructure team are key experts in building and operating Gemini's world class cryptocurrency exchange systems and networks, using a combination of high-speed data center equipment and cloud-hosted components. With a focus on building, automating, and scaling Gemini’s product offerings, the Infrastructure keeps a close eye on the horizon and thinks steps ahead of the company’s business needs to collaboratively build and scale its growing footprint.
The Role: Network Automation Engineer
As a Network Automation Engineer, you'll have a hand in building our company as you focus on automating, designing, developing, and maintaining Gemini's network infrastructure. You'll be working closely with your peers on the team, partners in Infrastructure, Security, and Development, and with other internal stakeholders in order to meet the company's high standards for technical and business support. You should value collaboration and also take proactive ownership for individual results as you dig into Networking projects with a heavy focus on automation. The team is looking for someone with a great deal of intellectual curiosity and the ability to challenge standard methodologies while upholding effective processes and best practices.
- Lead on automation and configuration management of our current network infrastructure and help support new network initiatives
- Continually drive improvements in network performance to support our platforms
- Troubleshoot infrastructure and application performance issues, and find and improve performance bottlenecks
- Short and long-term project work
- Participate in team's 24/7 on-call rotation
- Experience with network automation platforms (such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with enterprise scripting languages (such as Python, etc.)
- Understanding of Enterprise Networking Concepts and Architecture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Robust experience in a fast-paced financial services or financial trading environment
- Understanding of all aspects of TCP/IP networking, troubleshooting, and analysis
- Working knowledge of modern Cisco platforms/software/practices (e.g., Catalyst, Nexus)
- Knowledge of NMS tools (such as Riverbed, Corvil, Splunk)
- Experience with AWS integration
- Industry Certifications (i.e. Cisco CCNP level)
IT PAYS TO WORK HERE
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.