Network Engineer, Platform Ops & IT at WW (the new Weight Watchers)
The position requires a strong background in modern networking technologies, open source protocols and tools, infrastructure as code, and a solid understanding of common Cloud network control and data layer technologies. You will work in the role of trusted advisor to partner teams, helping to deliver the best quality solutions to customers. You will provide non-functional requirements to complement existing and new features/solutions, as well as help build and support scalable and cost effective platform environments to run WW application services.
The role will be focused on network design, implementation, and operational support both for private and public cloud hosted applications. The Network Engineer will collaborate with partner teams to develop networking based solutions, ensure their adherence, and assist in remediation in the event of drift from standards. The Network Engineer will be responsible for connectivity solution architecture, hardware and software based selection, implementation and maintenance. The Network Engineer will be tasked to create and maintain detailed network documentation.
- 7+ years experience with implementation, administration, and troubleshooting of traditional network infrastructure devices, including routers, switches, controllers, with expert level knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols
- 5+ years experience in implementing and supporting high transaction, enterprise scale firewall technologies (Checkpoint, Juniper, Palo Alto)
- Solid understanding and experience implementing and supporting Kubernetes CNI network plugins, e.g. Calico and/or Weave
- Expert level proficiency in host based, open source firewall technologies (iptables preferred)
- Expert level knowledge of common routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, MLAG, VxLAN, etc)
- Expert level knowledge of modern web transport protocols (HTTP/2, gRPC)
- Experience with firewall and network performance analysis and tuning and monitoring
- Experience with modern DevOps frameworks and CI/CD principles
- Advanced systems troubleshooting and optimization, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to adapt and change priorities as the business needs change
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative environment, where knowledge share and team support are the norm.
- Proficiency with scripted automations (we work in Bash, Python, and/or Go)
- Proficency with Kubernetes Network plugins, e.g. Calico,
- Proficiency in building and deploying on-prem, as well as in AWS and GCP via provider APIs and IAM
- Familiar with modern DevOps CI/CD concepts and execution strategies
- Proficient with modern Distributed Version Control (Git, Github) and branching strategies
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall well-being, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.