Network Engineer at Peloton
We are seeking a Network Engineer to join our team supporting the global network. You will be a member of our Enterprise I.T. Infrastructure Team responsible for ensuring a highly-available global network to enable Peloton’s growing global presence. This includes engineering, deploying, maintaining and supporting our global wired and wireless data network, voice systems, core switches, routers, firewalls, and VPN. You will also partner with our Information Security team to implement, maintain and support security principles and best practices for our internal user community to align with the best-in-class security services.
- Deploy and support a complex global network environment across 185 sites in 5 countries
- Ensure network stability and performance through operational excellence and proactive maintenance
- Troubleshoot network problems; schedule upgrades; perform network analysis and optimization
- Ensure uptime and monitoring of all corporate network infrastructure and circuits internationally
- Secure the network infrastructure by partnering with the Information Security team to establish and enforce policies; define and monitor access
- Manage network upgrades, expansions and new implementation projects
- Evaluate partner solution portfolio roadmaps and new technologies for potential deployment across Peloton’s entire footprint of retail stores, warehouses, call centers, and offices globally.
- Collaborate on and document standard operating procedures
- Provide troubleshooting guidance and training for Tier 1 IT support
- Provide 24x7 Tier 3 IT Network Support
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- One or more industry leading certifications preferred such as CCNP, JNCP, etc.
- Experience with Cisco, Meraki, and Palo Alto a must.
- 6+ years of experience as a Network Engineer including
- 2+ years network design and/or solution engineering in SaaS environments
- 2+ years network design or administration involving cloud infrastructure [AWS, Azure, Google, etc.]
- 2+ year experience with *nix systems and general use
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Motivated, curious self-starter who has the desire to learn
- Ability to solve technical problems with creative solutions
- Strong knowledge of network designs and their applications, to include IP subnetting and complex routing techniques on LAN/WAN networks & security
- Routing & Switching architecture, design of large scale networks
- Understanding of SDN/SDDC (Software Defined Network or Datacenter – full stack – (compute, storage, network) including experience with AWS, Azure, Openstack, Cloudstack, or related technologies
- Multiple successful implementations of (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Cisco routers and switches, VPN connections, Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco Lightweight Wireless Access Points, and Meraki.
- Subnetting, DNS, encryption technologies and standards, VPNs, VLANs, VoIP and other network routing methods.
- Knowledge of project life cycle management
- Network device installation and testing
- Virtualization technologies
- Secure network architectures, including Beyond/Zero Trust frameworks
- High availability network design
- Hands-on experience with how to support repeatable, reliable, and scalable network architectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery.
- Expert level knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/auth to encryption protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential
- Must have knowledge of networking features and protocols such as spanning tree, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, VTP, Etherchannel, 802.1Q trunking, MLS, HSRP, VSS/VSL, QoS, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, current WAN/MAN telecommunications technologies and Web caching services (proxy server) and 802.1x.
- Additional areas of experience in areas such as VoIP and Call Center management are a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.