Network Engineer at Gemini
HELP US BUILD THE FUTURE OF MONEY
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Team: Infrastructure
Gemini’s Infrastructure team are key experts in building and operating Gemini's world class cryptocurrency exchange systems and networks, using a combination of high-speed data center equipment and cloud-hosted components. With a focus on building, automating, and scaling Gemini’s product offerings, the Infrastructure keeps a close eye on the horizon and thinks steps ahead of the company’s business needs to collaboratively build and scale its growing footprint.
The Role: Network Engineer
At Gemini, you'll literally have a hand in building and rebuilding our company as you focus on designing, developing, and maintaining Gemini's data center and network infrastructure. You'll be working closely with your peers on the team, with partners in Infrastructure, Security, and Development, and with other internal stakeholders in order to meet the company's high standards for technical and business support.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional team player who also takes proactive ownership for individual results; they're hungry to learn and enjoy pushing the limits of their comfort zone. The team is looking for someone with a great deal of intellectual curiosity and the ability to challenge standard methodologies while upholding effective processes and best practices.
- Build and support optimized network infrastructure
- Evaluate and implement new technologies
- Utilize automation to improve productivity, workflow, and technology deployment
- Continually drive improvements in network performance to support our platforms
- Troubleshoot infrastructure and application performance issues, and find and improve performance bottlenecks
- Perform physical datacenter work, including racking/cabling, etc., as required, with occasional travel to support remote implementations
- Short and long-term project work
- Participate in team's 24/7 on-call rotation
- 5+ years of networking experience
- Deep understanding of all aspects of TCP/IP networking, troubleshooting, and analysis
- Extensive experience building medium-to large-scale LAN, WAN, and multi-data center environments
- Deep knowledge of modern Cisco platforms/software/practices (e.g., Catalyst, Nexus)
- Experience with building and supporting WiFi environments
- Experience with optical networking technology
- Experience with L2 and L3 switching, routing protocols (OSPF/BGP), and multicast management (IGMP/PIM)
- Experience with implementations for firewall and VPN platforms (such as Cisco ASA and PaloAlto)
- Knowledge of NMS tools (such as Riverbed, Corvil, Splunk)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with AWS integration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Robust experience in a fast-paced financial services or financial trading environment
- Experience with network automation platforms (such as Ansible)
- Experience with enterprise programming languages (such as Java, Scala, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Cisco ISE
- Industry Certifications (i.e. Cisco CCNP level)
IT PAYS TO WORK HERE
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.