Network Engineer at Justworks
At Justworks, you will enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, Diversity + Inclusion and wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We are helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We are data-driven and we never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.The job
We’re looking for a Networking Engineer with proven experience in an entrepreneurial, startup, or enterprise setting. The best candidates will combine exemplary white-glove customer support skills with the type of creative tenacity necessary to solve problems in a fast-paced iterative environment.
This role will be responsible for design and maintenance of our corporate network, be able to lead by example where best practices like timely and transparent communication, documentation, and tech advocacy are concerned, and will have deep experience supporting Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking technologies, automation, scripting, monitoring, and response techniques. Experience mentoring IT Support teams in networking best practices and working in tandem with Information Security teams to craft policy and response to threats adds a significant advantage.What you'll do
- 80% of your time you’ll own the
- Local Corporate Office Network Infrastructure
- Capacity Infrastructure Iterations (ports, cables, hardware)
- Design, Delivery, Inventory, Security, Monitoring, and Maintenance of network topology
- Communication concerning availability of the network
- Documentation and knowledge transfer to the IT Support team
- 20% of your time you’ll
- Handle technical escalations from the IT Support team
- Liaise with Information Security to iterate on policies and procedures
- Work closely with the IT Manager to design future network iterations
- 3-5 years supporting an enterprise-level network
- High level of professionalism and communication
- Independent ability to research technical problems and solutions
- Expert-level skills in the networking domain exhibited by an ability to
- Use proactive measures to monitor devices and review logs to prevent network issues with regular maintenance and reliability tests
- Maintain accurate system change logs to track all device patch levels and network security policy changes while keeping infrastructure systems running the most current stable software versions
- Show a solid understanding of modern Network Fundamentals (e.g. TCP/IP, OSPF/BGP, SD-WAN, IGMP/PIM, VPN, etc)
- Design and construct an office network - ISP, Routing, Switching, Heat Map, Port Maps
- Design and plan for the continuing development of Wifi technologies
- Be available and respond to critical network events, outages, and emergencies
- Demonstrate experience with scripting languages and Linux command line environments
- Exhibit comfort when working in a hybrid-cloud environment
- Demonstrate Cisco CCNA certification or similar experience
- Ensure our network availability as we grow, and take ownership of the network vendor and provisioning processes
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.