Network Engineer at Yext
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
Our Infrastructure team, which includes Systems and Network Engineering resources, works together to evaluate, build, and support solutions for all aspects of Systems, Networks, Monitoring and Deployment across our hybrid Iron and Cloud environment. We are looking for a Network Engineer to help us build, record and sustain new and existing infrastructure that supports the people and clients behind Yext.
- Coordinate the build-out of our new headquarters in Manhattan, and our major office in Arlington VA
- Build, document, maintain and troubleshoot corporate office Networks.
- Manage, document, maintain and troubleshoot WiFi services in multiple office locations.
- Provide assistance with a range of networking tasks from port configurations to cable management.
- Help design and administer VPN networks.
- Automate network appliance configurations using tools like Ansible, Terraform etc.
- Work closely with Desktop Support to ensure flawless user experience
- Travel to various Yext offices to install networks, and supervise contractors and/or service providers
- BA/BS or similar college level education
- 3+ years work experience in a networking or user-support role
- Basic project management or vendor-coordination experience
- Experience operating medium/large scale corporate networks.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco or Juniper routers and switches.
- Experience with well known TCP or IP services such as DNS, DHCP, and HTTP(S)
- Good understanding of the OSI or Internet models, Ethernet and TCP/IP networking.
- Familiarity with Windows and Mac networking
- Familiarity with VPN technologies such as IPSec and SSL/TLS VPNs
- Ability to adhere to Change Management procedures
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.