Network Engineer at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
As a Network Engineer, you will be a part of a team that provides foundational access to infrastructure, while protecting critical personal health information and company intellectual property.
The Network Engineer must have a deep and broad knowledge of networking technologies, including but not limited to firewalls, routers, switches, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, VPN and VoIP. They will be responsible for assisting in designing, implementing and supporting our company’s network solutions. Daily tasks may include incident management, installing, upgrading and/or monitoring software and hardware in support of our global network infrastructure. Providing local support for escalated end-user and system issues is also required.
- Perform network and other infrastructure operational tasks
- Act as hands-on resource with subject matter expertise to implement cost-effective, scalable solutions
- Maintain currency of technology solutions across our portfolio
- Manage project planning, design / integration activities, network capacity planning, workload automation
- Define business cases, required investments and recommend methods and metrics to implement IT-enabled business change efforts applying technology solutions to business problems
- Explore new capabilities and emerging technologies, applying to roadmaps where appropriate
- Monitor Tempus WAN and proactively work with providers to permanently resolve issues
- Assist in tracking and publishing network service level metrics
- Specific technical skills in some or all of the following required:
- Cisco and/or Palo Alto systems including routers, switches and firewalls
- VPN (Palo Alto, Cisco), site to site
- Strong understanding of networks, routing and network security
- Working knowledge of routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, etc.
- Ability to set up, operate and read a network level packet capture (i.e. Wireshark output)
- Intermediate knowledge of TCP/IP address subnetting, routing and IP services; understanding of OSI network model
- Demonstrated skill in structured troubleshooting and complex issue resolution
- Experience with third party network providers
- Self-directing individual demonstrating teamwork, organization skills and well-structured working approach given multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related field or 5+ years in related experience
- Certifications in one or more of the following are preferred: Cisco, CISSP, Juniper, Aruba
- 5 years of related work experience in WAN technical operations or network security related position
- 5 years of experience working with cross-functional teams and matrixed organizations