A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Do you love all things infrastructure, especially layer 1-3? Do you curse the 2.4GHz spectrum? Do you want to automate the network? If so, you might be our next Network Operations Engineer.
As a Network Operations Engineer, you'll be part of a team that supports the operation, performance, and availability of Palantir's networks. Alongside Network Engineers and Security Engineers, you'll manage and deploy resilient and scalable network architecture with minimal downtime. You'll upgrade devices, respond to outages, troubleshoot network and firewall issues, build new offices, and automate day-to-day tasks. In addition to a structured development plan, you'll learn on the job as you create solutions to complex technological challenges through lateral thinking and determination.
- Support network infrastructure globally.
- Monitor and manage complex networks.
- Manage support and logistic components of the network, including installation of carrier circuits, colocation facilities, and equipment delivery to remote sites.
- Provide Tier 1 and 2 Network infrastructure Support in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East.
- Support Network operational issues in the infrastructure, including vendor escalation.
- Build the networking infrastructure in new offices.
- Solve complex network issues in production, colo, lab, and customer environments.
What We Value
- Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of LAN (wired & wireless), WAN, and Firewall environments; understanding of OSI Layers from physical to application.
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks or similar NGFW technology.
- Experience with layer 2 protocols (e.g. LACP, MLAG, Spanning Tree, etc).
- Experience with routing protocols such as BGP or OSPF.
- Experience with Wireless Networking (deployment and troubleshooting).
- Experience with public cloud service providers (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc).
- Experience with VPN technology (GRE, IPSec/SSL VPNs).
- Experience working in a network operations center (NOC) supporting a production wide-area network.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.