Nurse Practitioner - Palliative
- Treat patients remotely and in-person
- Avoid unnecessary transfers from SNFs to the hospital
- Work with team of on-site emergency service providers and SNF nurses as well as off-site physicians and nurses
- Participate in QA/QI initiatives
- Contact and counsel families about advance care planning and goals of care
- Provide feedback to enhance our product offerings
- Master’s Degree in a Nurse Practitioner Program, required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse and a Nurse Practitioner in New York State
- National Board Certification in Geriatrics, Palliative Medicine required
- DEA certificate or in the process of obtaining
- Completion of a pharmacology component of not less than three (3) semester hours or the equivalent and has been instructed in New York State and federal laws relating to prescription and record keeping (3-hour course).
- Has a collaborative practice agreement with a physician and designated protocols, both filed with the New York State Department of Education.
- Previous experience relevant to the area of clinical practice (Geriatrics, Palliative Care and/or Post-Acute Care), preferred.
- Works well in multidisciplinary teams with strong communication skills
- Willing to learn and improve in an entirely new environment
- Travels to each SNF on a regular schedule
Call9 provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status as may be mandated by applicable Federal, State and local law. All personnel actions, including but not limited to those relating to compensation, benefits, termination, training and education, are based on the principle of equal employment opportunity.