Nurse Practitioner, Virtual at Cityblock Health
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
Cityblock delivers care where it works best for our members. In addition to our community-based teams, we’ve made our services even stronger for COVID-19 and beyond by adding a Community Rapid Response team and Virtual Care offerings, allowing our members to access care 24/7 via the phone, video, and text message.
As a part of the team, you’ll go above and beyond to connect with members across all of our markets in a respectful and empathic manner to meet their needs and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
Location flexible / remote. In this role, you will provide service digitally to Cityblock members as part of our innovative care model. As a Virtual Primary Care Physician, you will work with a panel of members as part of an interdisciplinary team, leading the development and delivery of our care model and improving the health and wellbeing of our members.
- You will work in a radically different model of healthcare
- Expect collaboration, shared-decision making, and partnership across clinical and non-clinical care team members, including our team of Virtual Community Health Partners
- Provide care to members virtually. Scope of practice includes but is not limited to: preventative care; diagnosis and treatment of chronic illness; education and counseling; medication management; acute triage and assessment; and longitudinal follow up care.
- Partner with other members of the care team. Provide physical health clinical support and collaborate closely with the team of Nurses and Behavioral Health Specialists, Community Health Partners and others.
- Foster trusting relationships with individuals, their families and caregivers, and communities
- Go above and beyond to connect with people in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day
Requirements for the Role:
- You have at least 4 years of experience as a licensed Nurse Practitioner
- You are a Board-Certified (or Board-Eligible within one year of employment) Nurse Practitioner or with an unrestricted license to practice in Washington, DC (preferred), MA or NC.
- AANC or AANP certification for Nurse Practitioners
- Active DEA Controlled Substance Registration or eligible for application
- Certified in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
- Maintenance of professional credentialing and CME standards
- Work a full-time 40 hour week, Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm ET consisting of team meetings, case conference, supervision, and field-based independent clinical and co-visits. You may have an occasional Saturday and virtual on-call schedule
- You are Tech savvy. You are able to talk, type, and document in the moment. You are comfortable using (or learning) Google Suite, Slack, and other tech platforms.
- You are passionate about the growing role innovative technology can play in improving access to care and care delivery
- You are an independent self-starter, a leader, and a strategic thinker who is excited about the big picture of whole health, and the ongoing evaluation and iteration of our care model
- You have experience working within an interdisciplinary team
- Have proficient experience using and navigating an EMR
How We Define Success:
- Manage a complex population of members in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team
- Ensure members on your panel receive appropriate care for acute and chronic diseases, including following ED visits and acute admissions
- Decrease unnecessary hospitalizations, emergency room visits, and unnecessary speciality referrals
- Complete comprehensive provider visits with new Cityblock-assigned members. Identify core member needs the Cityblock team will address to improve health outcomes and decrease total cost of care
- Meet evolving monthly and quarterly targets for visits with Cityblock members
- Collaborates with other providers at Cityblock and externally
- Engage in target setting for new clinical initiatives and managing those targets
- Active participation in virtual model development, redesign, and innovation
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- You have experience with Family Medicine or Palliative care
- Experience providing telemedicine services, either over chat, video or phone
- Cross-licenced in multiple states (highest priority for CT, MA, NY)
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.