Paxful is a leading peer-to-peer powered bitcoin marketplace and a universal money translator. Our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 financial networks that empowers both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in New York, with offices in Estonia, Hong Kong and the Philippines. Currently, we have over 200 dedicated employees globally and are growing rapidly. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
Paxful teams tend to have:
- An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
- A proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
- Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
- Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
- An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
- Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
Sound like a fit?
We are looking for an Office Assistant who will be responsible for maintaining and improving our day to day office operations and the unique Paxful culture. Working with the People Operations team at the New York office, you will be handling Paxful's growth from a logistical perspective and ensuring smooth operations in the office by partnering with various departments. You will be involved in creative projects such as planning and organizing in-office activities, outings, and various company events.
The People Operations team is comprised of friendly and supportive good doers, that sit in the New York, Tallinn, Manila, and Hong Kong offices. They love automating tasks and processes as much as possible, and using state of the art information systems to keep everything on track. They are also deeply committed to engaging the employees globally, and always come up with original ideas for events, campaigns, and other fun initiatives.
What you'll be doing:
- Serve as the point person for office management duties including building maintenance, facility correspondence, sending and retrieving postage, and ordering supplies and equipment
- Maintain partnerships with property management vendors
- Organize lunch and dinner catering daily
- Maintain office conditions and arrange necessary repairs or installations
- Partner with People Operations to update and maintain office policies as necessary, and other office and operational related ad hoc duties
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Coordinate with the IT department on all office equipment orders and updates
- Partner with Finance to ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers, and office leasers
- Manage office budget to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Provide general support to visitors
- Assist in the on-boarding process for new hires
- Address employee inquiries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, hardware and travel arrangements)
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering, and security services
- Lead our initiatives for a collaborative work environment and in boosting morale
- Analyze office conditions and make recommendations on how to improve overall productivity
- Collaborate and coordinate among our global office teams to ensure fluidity in process
- Creatively observe employee milestones
- Plan in-house or off-site activities such as parties, celebrations, and conferences
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 1 year of proven experience as an office manager, receptionist, front office attendant, or administrative assistant
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Experience with task management, project management, and various collaboration software (Trello, Jira, Confluence, Google Docs, Microsoft Office suite)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- A creative mind with the ability to suggest improvements
- Understanding of basic property management procedures
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Attentive and thoughtful in providing solutions with a very DIY attitude
- Ability to assess and adapt thoughtfully to environmental changes
- A friendly, outgoing, approachable, and patient demeanor that will help to facilitate a collaborative space
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience from a start-up or high-growth company
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Experience or interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain and/or financial technology
- Healthcare insurance, including dental and vision
- Catered lunch and dinner daily, with premium snacks
- Gym membership of your choice and personal training sessions
- Sports nutrition and supplements, massages and chiropractor sessions
- Training and professional development resources
- Paid company events and retreats
- Generous paid time off
- Paid maternity/paternity leave including a one-time bonus to support newborn
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
- Accessible office in the West Village
- Flexible hours