Office of the CEO - Executive Assistant at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Executive Assistant, Office of the CEO (NYC)
A Better opportunity:
Better.com is hiring an Executive Assistant to support our founder/CEO as the company continues to grow! You will be assisting in the daily activities of our CEO. This role requires flexibility in schedule and a go-getter attitude. This is a growth opportunity for someone with interest in the startup space, strong intellectual curiosity, and administrative and analytical experience.Responsibilities will include:
- Leverage CEO’s day to day responsibilities by supporting organization of schedules, calendars, and appointments
- Own and optimize CEO’s time by managing schedule across personal and professional priorities
- Function as support for light analytical asks during day to day business operations
- Partner cross-functionally with our teams to prioritize our CEO’s time
- Manage organizational systems, documents and prioritize for CEO’s engagement
- Generate daily updates around key CEO priorities across teams, partner with support teams across the business to ensure objectives are met
- Perform ad hoc requests as necessary to deliver critical business insights and results
- Ambitious, smart, hungry to learn and eager to work hard
- Exceptional scheduling and organization skills; a clear, concise communicator
- 5+ years of professional, analytical, experience in high performance environments as an Executive Assistant
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of organizational best practices optimizing communication, prioritization and information across multiple audiences
- Proactive and tackles every project with hustle and a strategic eye
- Managerial, organizational and administrative skills
- Strong communication skills, fluency across Google Suite
- Highly analytical and quantitative
- Careful attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity
- Time management and ability to self-manage project completion amidst frequent interruptions by market-driven or time sensitive tasks
- Able to balance and prioritize various needs for multiple people
- Ability to quickly shift gears, and stay on top of all pressing items
- Self-motivated, discreet, and communicative
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.