Do you obsess over small details and enjoy solving puzzles? Do you thrive on building relationships with internal teams? Do you see yourself as the office ambassador? Are you the type of person who likes to make sure that everyone is happy? Excellent.
Our small but growing company needs a reliable, organized Office Coordinator to manage the day to day operations of our amazing office space. You'll work closely with our People Experience Manager to ensure all Updater employees and guests are tended to and all events (large and small) go off without a hitch! If you have worked in a fast-paced office in the past and you enjoy establishing your own organizational systems, we’re excited to talk with you. We’re looking for someone who can operate effectively with little or no supervision and who can manage multiple tasks at once without becoming overwhelmed. Play an integral role in treating employees, clients, and candidates like customers and providing them the “Updater Experience.” You are the initial point of contact (and thus the first impression) for Updater visitors. This role may include some non-traditional hours to assist with happy hours, and other events as necessary.
What you’ll do:
- Assist People Experience Manager with food/beverage program and office supplies stocking and inventory
- Sit at the reception desk: Greet all visitors, monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness.
- Receive and sign for all incoming and outgoing mail, packages, messengers, and deliveries.
- Maintain appearance of the reception desk and office overall: put music on, keep pristine reception desk and welcome area, tidy the office throughout the day, reset conference rooms etc.
- Assist People Experience manager with internal special events for the team: Surprise & Delight experiences for staff, managing perks, keeping the culture strong and vibrant
- Go-to-person for both internal and external general questions and inquiries for IT, Office, etc.
- As part of the People Ops team, work on adhoc projects as assigned.
- Laser focused on attention to details!
- Extremely organized - you have lists, systems, processes and tools that you use to keep your own responsibility on track as well as the office’s.
- Able to multitask and complete projects on time with many distractions.
- Friendly, upbeat, and positive!
- You have a no job is too small attitude.
- Genuine in your desire to help make the world a kinder place, committing to always spreading and celebrating kindness.
- Creative - whether it's solving the problem of always running out of ice in the office or finding an amazing place to host our next team offsite you approach all tasks with refreshing ideas!
What you have:
- Internship or equivalent experience in general people operations
- Experience prioritizing multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills: confidence interacting, communicating, and empathizing with all experience levels
- Self-motivation, strong time management, and organization skills
- Passionate, innovative spirit, and a desire to work in a flexible and fast-paced environment
- An eye for detail
- Positive can-do attitude!
- Humility and a good sense of humor!
- BA / BS degree
- Previous experience in event planning and/or in providing administrative assistant support
- Previous experience in a customer service or equivalent forward-facing role
- Experience in operational scalability and negotiation
- Previous experience managing expenses.
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.