Office Coordinator at Merrill Corporation
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
The Office Coordinator provides comprehensive customer service and administration support service to the New York office and internal clients, ensuring the appropriate procedures and supporting documentation are completed and filed. The role is broad and varied providing reception and administration support, Facilities assistance and support to the Sales support team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greeting guests in person or on the telephone, responding to inquiries, and referring calls, as appropriate
- Responsible for management of access passes for employees and visitors
- Point of contact for facilities needs such as cleaning service, HVAC, escalating matters as needed.
- Organize internal meetings/events. Including, conference room set up, breakdown, technical setup and securing catering
- Coordinating meeting room requests, maintaining conference room calendar
- Keep conference rooms tidy and organized
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing mail, packages, and deliveries
- Ensuring reception area, conference rooms and pantry are clean and presentable
- Responsible for the inventory and ordering office supplies and pantry items
- Ensure that all purchased items are approved and invoiced in a timely manner
- Providing general administrative and clerical support, as needed
- Be a knowledgeable and helpful resource for employees and visitors providing administrative guidance as needed.
- Include the following, however, other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3 years of administrative office experience is required
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient with Microsoft. Ability to learn other software programs
- Experience working in a small office helpful
- Prior facilities &/or client-service experience such as hospitality, concierge, reception, or administrative support helpful
- Ability to professionally interface with Senior Executive and all visitors, ensuring customer satisfaction
- Ability to take direction and be a motivated self-starter, based on need
- Must be able to work independently and thrive in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- The ability to work on projects requiring considerable judgment and initiative
Additional Information (i.e. schedule, hours):
- Shift schedule is Monday-Friday
- Hours are 9:00am - 5:30pm