Office & Employee Experience Manager
We make powerful software that’s helping beauty and wellness salons and studios manage and grow their business through an integrated booking, payments and marketing platform. As part of a dynamic and quickly growing team, you’ll be directly involved with helping small business owners be more successful and do what they love.
About the role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and highly organized Office & Employee Experience Manager to join our team in our Soho headquarters! You will take on all day-to-day responsibilities that relate to our company culture and the office, ensuring smooth office functioning while supporting the needs of our growing team. You will be responsible for planning and managing internal events and developing programs to continue to build a great culture, to make sure the cabinets are stocked with snacks, coffee made and team lunches delivered -- it’s all yours to shape, influence and own!
Ideally, you’re a bright, passionate, engaging individual with a can-do attitude and welcoming presence. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, love rolling up your sleeves to get stuff done, think creatively, care about teamwork, love coming up with ideas about company culture and have a service-oriented mindset, this role is for you.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- You will create a warm, welcoming, calm and professional atmosphere in the office.
- You will manage the supply and procurement of cool company swag; we trust you’ll have great taste and think of some cool ideas here too.
- You will manage the supply and ordering of office/ kitchen snacks and essentials.
- You will ensure that the office is kept clean, tidy, organized.
- You will work cross-functionally to oversee and manage the planning and execution of various company and team events (Annual Holiday party, summer party, monthly happy hours, industry events, cross-functional team lunches, Lunch & Learns, etc).
- You will maintain the relationship with building management to coordinate and communicate information on office updates, large deliveries, and service requests.
- You will help out with scheduling candidate interviews, greeting new candidates, scheduling important executive meetings, as well as handling certain vendor payments..
- You will ensure that the office is prepared for various company events.
- You will be responsible for coordinating and booking travel for new hires, existing employees or a member of our remote team.
- You will lead the GlossGenius culture crew as you devise strategy and priorities for culture and engagement initiatives and programs.
- Coordinate the purchasing and delivery of employee gifts (new hires, anniversaries, weddings, the birth of babies).
- You will be the go-to person for communicating and driving various culture initiatives and office functions.
Winning factors: What leads to success
- You love thinking outside the box about ways to form and maintain a compelling company culture
- You are proactive and “just do it” before you’re asked
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You have an outgoing, welcoming presence and passion for helping others
- You have a ‘can-do’ attitude towards everything you do.
- You are extremely organized and have excellent time-management / multi-tasking skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong proficiency with computers, G-suite tools and Apple products
- BIG PLUS if you have startup experience, event coordination experience, and a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
What You’ll Get
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Professional growth opportunity budget
- Beautiful dog-friendly Soho office with fully stocked kitchen and café
- Company-sponsored social events, including weekly team lunches
- Unlimited (incredibly cool) GG team swag
This is for a full-time position in New York, NY (our offices are based downtown in Soho, NYC)
Please submit the following on this link:
- Your resume
- A cover letter
- Answer the following questions:
- What makes you perfect for this job?
- What are the key features of a welcoming and inspiring work environment
- What’s your personal hack for staying organized?