Office Experience Associate
Candid™ is helping people get the smiles they always wanted at prices they can afford. By simplifying the process (direct-to-consumer) and reducing costs (by up to 65% less), we can help more people feel confident and healthy. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible to all, and we're using modern software practices to diagnose, treat, and monitor orthodontic cases. Our team is a group of startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Blue Apron, and Clover Health.
Candid™ is looking for our first Office Manager to develop, organize, and implement office processes and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness. In this role, you will partner with teammates and leaders across the entire organization to establish a best-in-class office experience. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working autonomously and rolling up their sleeves to complete tasks. You believe that no job is too small, and you are not afraid to think big and execute to drive change in our day-to-day operations. The role reports to our Lead Recruiter in our NYC HQ.
What You'll Do
- Act as the primary point person responsible for making sure the office runs smoothly on a daily basis
- Support new team members in their welcome and orientation to our office and culture. Provide office tours and direct people to basic resources as they adjust to a new work environment
- Receive deliveries and collect / distribute incoming mail
- Track inventory (build and manage tracking system) and oversee purchasing for office supplies, accessories, furniture, snacks, and space improvements.
- Collaborate closely with other operations functions, including IT and People, to ensure team members are well supported and provided for
- Oversee weekly on-site services, such as cleaning team and food donation collection
- Handle escalated issues with third-party vendors and other company partners
- Facilitate and lead major office move planned for Q3/Q4 2019
- Assist with communications, set up, and execution of company wide-events such as All Hands, trainings, etc.
- Schedule and coordinate travel and calendar for CEO
What You’ll Need
- 1+ years of professional experience
- Experience building and implementing processes from scratch
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in gaining exposure to different functions and disciplines
- Willingness to go above and beyond your primary job responsibilities
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains, and around the block from the F and M
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.