Office Manager at Orchard
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for an Office Manager to manage the overall operations of our New York office ensuring it runs smoothly while creating an excellent experience for our employees, visitors & vendors. This position manages tasks both grand and small, including: being local point of contact for employees on any office requests, ordering and stocking supplies, maintaining the office budget, procuring external vendors, executing our in-office events, and maintaining our office seating charts. This Office Manager will play a critical role in fostering a sense of community within our New York team while fueling our company culture and will support our return to work program in the fall.
This is a full-time role that will report into the Chief People Officer and be based out of our growing New York Office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Manage the overall operations of our New York Office to ensure the best experience for employees, guests, candidates and vendors.
- Ensure team members are comfortable, the office & kitchen are stocked, the coffee is brewed, visitors are greeted, and that all events in the office are a success.
- Execute a broad range of office duties in a fast-paced, startup environment, driving procedures as well as positively influencing our company culture.
- Act as the main point of contact with all support vendors including building management, cleaning services, etc.
- Work closely with IT to ensure all technology in the office is up and running smoothly at all times including new hire desk set up
- Staff the reception desk, greet visitors and support with visitor related logistics.
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 4+ years of previous administrative or service industry experience
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Impeccable attention to detail, superior judgement, strong time management skills and follow-through even in sometimes ambiguous situations.
- You are skilled at proactively anticipating needs (i.e. inventory, conference room conflicts, office servicing and disinfecting, front desk coverage, when needed) throughout the day to adapt to a fluid work environment.
- You look for problems and inefficiencies and find elegant solutions to them before they become major issues.
- You are an advocate for the end user. You think about how our people will interact with the workplace and champion positive changes.You constantly strive to improve and create new processes for operational efficiency.
- Plus if you have prior experience with office moves and setup of new offices/ workstations
- Mac, Google Apps and A/V equipment proficiency
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.