Greater NYC Area
Who we are
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations and leading commercial partners, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, accepting capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, developing new partnerships, and expanding our team. This role is a key contributor to the success of our “Block” (headquarters site) and our full team.
The contract Office Manager is a 30-40 hr. per week role that is essential to keep our office operations running smoothly while our full time Office Manager is out on maternity leave. The role is central to our operations and office culture. It offers a great opportunity to partner with each member across the team, all of whom rely on you to get their job done with ease. A great Office Manager will embody a positive, problem-solving character that sets a tone for the office environment.
If you have an entrepreneurial mindset, seek out multidimensional opportunities and challenges, and are an amazing teammate, we want to hear from you!
- Act as the primary point person responsible for making sure the office runs smoothly day-in, day-out
- Order lunches for team and coordinate their delivery, setup, clean up three days a week
- Manage deliveries and incoming mail
- Greet visitors warmly
- Track inventory (build and manage tracking system) and oversee purchasing for office supplies, tech accessories, furniture and space improvements. Maintain an organized supplies closet.
- Point person for facilities vendors, landlord, security system
- Submit expenses in a timely, precise manner with all receipts
- Provide office tour and support setup orientation for new hires
- Support travel and scheduling needs for executives on an ad hoc basis
- Oversee weekly on-site services: cleaning team and food donation collection
- Act as go-to resource for general office knowledge (i.e. What is the wifi on the roof? Where can I find our staff directory? Where is the printer ink toner? How do I reserve this room? Is Melanie around next week?)
- Project manage & support major office move planned for Q3-Q4 2018 (adept at vendor management as it relates to space build out, interior design, and growth needs)
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have previous experience supporting administrative needs of an office, team or department
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You can flexibly build and iterate workflows
- You take pride in being helpful to others and have a customer service mindset
- There’s no task too small for you to willingly take on
- You are a fast-learning multitasker who can keep track of a high volume of small projects that come your way
- You know how to stay immensely organized
- You are solution oriented and have great attention to detail. You observe when things are broken, systems can be optimized, and messes needed to be cleaned, and you proactively take them on.
- You are super responsive and a good communicator
- You know how to learn new tools quickly and can manage a busy inbox with ease and low-stress
- You know how to creatively setup a great experience without breaking the bank. You can please the team while also staying within budget when ordering lunches, organizing team events, procuring new office furniture/supplies, and arranging travel.
- You are passionate about Cityblock’s mission, just like the rest of us, and are excited to be an integral member of the team
- You’re generally calm and good humored, and you use solid judgement at all times
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- A short (2-3 paragraph) cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
Read Full Job Description