Office Operations Associate at EquityZen
EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. Watch the short video here to learn more.
Our growing team is our biggest asset and a huge part of what makes us tick. We are gradually returning to office life in a brand new location in the Financial District just doors away from the New York Stock Exchange. We are looking for an enthusiastic, friendly and resourceful Office Operations Associate who takes pride in maintaining and evolving this critical part of the employee experience.
REPORTING TO VP, PEOPLE OPERATIONS, YOU WILL:
- Maintain inventory and stock all food, snacks, drinks, office supplies and company swag; explore new vendors with an eye on cost-effectiveness as we continue to grow
- Plan and execute on various team events including milestone celebrations, team building events, holiday parties, and company meetings
- Greet employees and visitors, making them feel immediately welcome
- Serve as point-of-contact for facilities issues, working with building management and cleaning service as needed
- Maintain clean and efficient common areas including the kitchen and meeting rooms and maintain cleaning logs in accordance with NYC requirements.
- Receive and distribute all mail and packages
- Ensure new employees’ desks are supplied and ready for their arrival
- Assist in managing invoices and vendor payments
- May be asked to manage calendars and handle travel arrangements for two Founders and provide additional support for senior level team members as requested
- Assist the People Operations team with various other team initiatives as requested
THE RIGHT STUFF
- 1-3 years proven experience in office management and employee experience planning
- Ability and willingness to work in our FiDi office Mon-Fri
- Friendly and welcoming interpersonal skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to gracefully manage competing priorities
- Must be highly responsive to time-based requests
- Ability to maintain the utmost of confidentiality and professionalism
- Resourcefulness and composure in finding quick solutions to challenging situations
- Comfortable speaking with all levels of management and external contacts
- Proactive with a strong sense of ownership
- Belief that no job is too small to accomplish team’s goals and not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Proficiency in G-Suite and MS Office
- Ability to stand your ground with vendors if they are not providing services requested
- Ability to negotiate prices with vendors and venues
- A sense of humor and fun that is reflected in planned activities and office environment
- Manic attention to detail
- Must be able to lift boxes up to 20 lbs
*BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE :
- Experience working in a growing, start-up environment
- Experience providing executive level administrative support
- Creative skills that include design, writing and/or photography
EquityZen offers a competitive salary, stock options, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), individual professional development and wellness budget, flexible paid time off, and more!
We are dedicated to prioritizing all employees’ health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic and are adhering to strict protocols to protect the health and safety of all employees.
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.