Office Operations Manager at Atoms
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:36 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Atoms’ mission is to make the best products in the world that people enjoy every day. We are a product first company. We believe all great companies make great products first and everything else follows. This is why we made the ideal everyday shoe. Atoms are the only shoes to come in ¼ sizes, perfectly fit to each foot and delivering a truly personal experience to each of our customers.
Based in Brooklyn, New York, we are a diverse team interested in shoes, chai, books about art and art about books. In addition to making the world’s best shoe, we deeply care about how our friends and customers feel about and interact with the Atoms' brand. Our culture values honesty, creative freedom, and thoughtfulness. One word we often use is meaningful — as a way to describe our work, our product, and our contributions out of the office.
The Atoms' team is looking for an Office Operations Manager with a passion to make people happy and lead with a hospitality mindset. You love to make things work efficiently and have the ability to quickly navigate evolving employee needs. You exude an energy of customer service and accommodation whilst maintaining brand standards and fostering the evolving Atoms culture. This hire thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a genuine passion for a job well done, and consistently drives all initiatives with immaculate attention to detail. In addition to internal support, they will be external-facing, managing vendor relationships, events, and overseeing facilities maintenance projects/sourcing. You think outside the squared cubical, are always watching and learning processes and imagining how to optimize them with your coworkers in mind. A valuable opportunity to expand research/sourcing skills, and develop cost-effective vendor relationships, and immerse yourself in the enterprising world of startups.
- Serve as a steward of culture for the Atoms team; you hold a responsibility for helping make Atoms' an employer that is recognized for it's employee experience
- Lead with proactivity, you don't wait for direction but you run special projects for People initiatives
- Assist in back office operations intersecting with Executives, People Team, and Finance
- Have a talent for translating executive vision into action and proactively provide creative solutions to the table.
- Assist Executives, managing scheduling upon request, accompanying them to meetings, brainstorming sessions, and interviews when needed
- Assist People team in onboarding new hires, aiming to provide a smooth onboarding experience
- Conduct research and prepare reports for Ops & Finance
- Assist in drafting internal comms, ensuring they are on-brand and engaging
- Maintain awareness of office facilities, their functionality/condition, and anticipate fixes
- Assist in settling accounts, tracking invoices, and manage assigned budgets through Bill.com and other bookkeeping platforms
- Carry out daily tasks on a broad collection of platforms including GSuite, Microsoft Office, Notion, Asana, Bill.com, and Lever - if unfamiliar, ability to learn quickly is key
- 2-3 years of Office Administration experience
- 1-2 years of experience in software or systems-facing roles
- 1-2 years of Customer Service experience
- Proficiency in GSuite, Microsoft Office, Slack, Notion
- Experience in Hospitality industry and Startups a plus
- Exceptional Written, Presentation, and Comms Skills
- Demonstrated team collaboration in previous roles
- Tech Hardware repair and minor carpentry experience/knowledge a plus
BENEFITS AT ATOMS
- Competitive salary and equity
- We care deeply about our families and loved ones, which is why our comprehensive health plans reflect exactly how much we value proper care for the extended Atoms' family
- Access to online courses and memberships to three local museums
- Network of mentors and coaching opportunities
- Brand new office in Brooklyn Navy Yard
- Complimentary shoes for you and your family
Read Full Job Description