Onboarding and Support Manager at LeafLink
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry's largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With thousands of retailers and thousands of brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Thrive Capital and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!The Role
As the Onboarding and Support Manager, you will lead a team providing a world-class customer experience. This is a newly-formed role for a newly-formed team and you will provide thoughtful leadership, serve as a player coach, and be on the frontlines to help cover when the team needs it. Support and onboarding are two crucial functions for the customer lifecycle and this role will oversee the success of all LeafLink customers serviced within them.
This role will combine strong technical and customer-facing skills to deliver for our customers. You will ensure we are providing exceptional experiences by leading a high-performing team and implementing best in class processes.Responsibilities
- Create a culture of engagement and excitement that drives high performance and team satisfaction. Lead a team of 5 including remote and international employees.
- Develop new and iterate on existing processes towards continuous improvement.
- Create and track team goals, performance and KPIs. Set the standards of excellence for delivery of customer support.
- Conduct performance reviews, provide coaching, and give constructive feedback to enable the onboarding and support team towards achieving their goals.
- Lead team meetings and regular check-ins. Serve as the connection point from outside teams including Product, Marketing, etc, informing the Onboarding and Support team of process changes, new initiatives and changes to workflows.
- Proactively manage customer escalations and high-profile customer inquiries.
- Design, implement and scale a strategy for onboarding success across different customer segments.
- Oversee team stack, identify new technology enablement tools and ensure team’s training on and adoption of all tools.
- Work directly with product teams to report out customer issues and feedback from onboarding and support.
- Oversee the growth of the support organization’s handling of additional business lines including ensuring proper training and documentation on all new responsibilities.
- Launch new lines of communication including phone and chat support.
- You have 4+ years in a customer-facing role within frontline support and/or onboarding.
- You also have 4+ years of leadership experience including coaching and training junior employees.
- Ability to set teamwide and individual-level goals and communicate the strategy, tactics and approaches necessary for achieving those goals.
- Demonstrated ability in driving customer retention and fostering meaningful customer engagements.
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experienced in project management principles to create and easily track scalable onboarding project plans.
- Demonstrated experience identifying new opportunities that help the team scale while continuing to provide world-class customer support.
- Experience with Salesforce, Zendesk, IVR systems and Jira required. Experience with Hubspot and Salesforce Service Cloud a plus.
- Experience having built a CS and/or Onboarding team a plus.
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.