Operations Analyst at Sealed
Who are we?
At Sealed, we’re unlocking comfort, value, and efficiency in aging homes—and transforming energy, finance, and home improvement along the way.
With Sealed, it’s easy and affordable to solve the problems that make houses too hot, too cold, and too wasteful. In partnership with energy utilities and certified contractors, Sealed finances key home improvements using the money homeowners currently waste on energy.
Homes are renewed from the inside out—all without increasing homeowners’ monthly bills. Upgrades like HVAC, insulation, air sealing, and smart home technology transform the way a home feels and functions. Sealed coordinates projects from beginning to end, and we stand behind our work. If we don’t reduce a home’s energy use, we don’t get paid.
Sealed is backed by a $4 billion global investment firm and has major partnerships with large utility companies like Con Edison. Sealed has also secured a first-of-its-kind energy savings insurance policy from a Fortune 200 company, and has a $5 million credit facility with the New York Green Bank to finance the home improvements.
Based in New York City, Sealed was founded in 2012 by Lauren Salz (CEO, Forbes 30 under 30, former McKinsey) and Andy Frank (President, energy efficiency veteran).
Learn more at sealed.com.
What will you do?
As Operations Analyst you will fill a critical operational role at Sealed: you will be the reason our product performs as intended, keeping Sealed’s incentives aligned with our customers’, and ensuring our contracts are bankable and meet a high standard.
You will manage the quality assurance process, completing project review both promptly and with a high attention to detail. By making sure that projects conform to internal standards, your work will deliver key company goals: portfolio performance, customer satisfaction, and pipeline efficiency.
More specifically, we expect you to:
- Meet or exceed KPIs, ensuring projects are properly reviewed in a timely manner
- Review projects with a high attention to detail, flagging all potential issues, resolving those you can on your own, and discussing those you cannot with superiors
- Oversee collection of data required for model improvements
- Generate and deliver reports for key company stakeholders, such as utilities and project finance partners
- Support the Director of Service and the customer service teams with customer performance reports
- Support business development activities by providing requested data, data analyses, and reports
- Work efficiently without sacrificing commitment to internal guidelines
- Communicate with account executives, and account managers to resolve QA issues
- Use your critical thinking and close attention to detail to identify potential problems with our product: be a crucial voice informing the necessary improvements in coordination with sales, product, and finance teams
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of work experience, or recent college graduate with significant internship experience and very strong academic record
- Value “getting it right” over “getting it done”
- The kind of person who turns chaos into order: you are organized, detail oriented, and obsessed with following process to deliver highly accurate results
- Solid math, geometry, and spatial reasoning skills: You must be able to read and understand a home’s layout by looking at a floorplan and pictures
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel
- Clear & efficient communicator with both peers and management
- Passionate about making an impact at a young, fast-growing company
- Performance oriented, motivated by mission--as well as profit
Nice to Have
- College coursework in math and/or science
- Prior experience building models and reports in Excel
- Prior experience at a Series-A stage start-up
- Some knowledge about houses and home improvement contracting - from living in a home, building or renovating them, or anything in between
- Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, stock options, health benefits