Operations and Servicing Strategy Manager
Who are we?
Vestwell provides every employee in America with access to a retirement account by removing the friction points financial advisors and companies have in establishing and maintaining defined contribution & benefit programs. We look out for everyone’s best interest, including financial advisors, companies and employees.
Vestwell is at the forefront of a wave of change in a $11 trillion 401(k) market; creating a new platform that lowers fees and ensures that individuals retire wealthier. We’ve raised some money from great investors in the Fintech and Finserv world to achieve this goal and are already getting a great response from customers.
Who are we looking for?
We are on the hunt for an experienced Operations Manager to help us set the standards for signature client care at Vestwell. You will be responsible for creating frameworks that increase adoption, ensure retention, and deliver satisfaction to our growing client base- handling both inbound and outbound communication.
As an ideal candidate, you have spent time in various client-facing roles across operations, technical support, and/or customer service. More importantly, you’re thrilled by the challenge of building and managing a high-performing team. You love developing individuals at all stages of their careers, but you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty. You’re exceptional at managing multiple competing priorities and adapting to a flexible and fast-paced environment. Last, but certainly not least, you’re driven by a fresh perspective and entrepreneurial spirit.
What will you be doing at Vestwell?
As the Operations and Servicing Strategy Manager, you will be responsible for client interactions and experience, servicing strategy as well as reporting and process management. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Manage inbound client volume
- Always deliver exceptional service geared to exceeding client expectations
- Demonstrate proactive thinking when providing client solutions
- Quality Control across all aspects of our procedures and processes
- Monitor client issues and trends and escalate as appropriate
- Anticipate and manage escalated incidents of client dissatisfaction
- Maintain and enhance playbooks for inbound team
- Develop inbound servicing strategy including channel deployment (phone, text, live chat)
- Drive digital self service strategy - Including automation in the form of chatbot and self service features)
- Collaborate with internal team on enhancements to CRM to further drive efficiencies and mitigate inbound volume
- Continue to enhance client facing help center with FAQs
- Develop dashboards for management in line with the identified KPIs
- Communicate key business information to the team via weekly team meetings and ad hoc updates
- Identify inbound trends and communicate as appropriate
- Demonstrate initiative by developing work efficiencies to support improved operational environment and service to clients
- Develop capacity planning model to ensure staffing is appropriate to meet service levels
- Monitor staff performance within PDR process (including call monitoring, where appropriate) and to provide direction, training, coaching and motivation necessary to deliver agreed targets
- Provide on the job advice, guidance and support to the team daily and liaise with Learning & Development as appropriate
- Encourage and reinforce team work ethic
- Create a knowledge sharing attitude within the team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate and provide direction to individuals and team to achieve agreed targets
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Experience with managing people and monitoring performance
- Strong leadership ethic
- Ability to make effective decisions based on business rationale
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, Self - motivator and results driven
- 3-5 years of experience
- Experience with Salesforce
- Previous startup experience
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, coffee, cappuccino & healthy snacks, and a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options so you can be comfortable and as productive as possible. And naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!
Please note we don't ask about salary history from any applicant and salary history is not a factor in a hiring decision.