The Farmer’s Dog is the leading tech-enabled pet health brand on a mission to disrupt the $90b global pet food industry. The company is VC backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
In an industry with little regulation, constant recalls, and rampant misleading advertising, The Farmer’s Dog brings a fresh perspective that all dog lovers have been waiting for. Utilizing its proprietary technology, The Farmer’s Dog’s first service reimagines pet food by making healthy, fresh food incredibly easy to feed. Vet-developed subscriptions are personalized to each customer, while fresh, human-grade food is pre-portioned for each dog and home-delivered within days of cooking. The service has delivered millions of meals and is quickly revolutionizing the broken pet food industry.
The company was launched after Brett’s battle to cure his dog’s stomach issues illustrated how processed and un-healthy even “organic” and “natural” pet food truly was. After testing every pet food on the market without success, Brett resorted to a fresh, home-cooked diet at his vet’s recommendation. The results were staggering — Jada was cured. Once he realized how powerful and healthy fresh food can be, he team up with Jonathan to develop a fresh alternative to pet food and create the product they wished existed for their own dogs (and dogs everywhere).
Join The Farmer’s Dog team on its mission to bring peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and fundamentally change the way people think about caring for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
Our operations team is at the core of everything we do at The Farmer's Dog. In this exciting role you'll manage the day to day operations which will include the facilitation of the replenishment of finished goods and materials from/to all vendors, 3rd party manufacturers, and warehouse providers. You will be the key liaison for day to day execution and ensure customer service is always at the forefront for our pups.
- Management of all orders from receipt through delivery to our customers. Ensure highest level of service from our fulfillment and transportation partners
- Responsible for order accuracy by ensuring the right products are ordered, method of shipment, and shipping platform are applied to the order and adequate lead time is given to ensure on-time delivery to the customer
- Identify and resolve customer order and inventory replenishment issues
- Monitor and report baseline customer service key performance indicators (KPI)
- Support on-time delivery and identify and resolve transportation issues and customer deliveries
- Oversee inventory procedures
- Discover the most cost-effective shipping modes and schedules
- Evaluate vendor operations according to quality standards
- Help foster trusting relationships with business partners
- Collaborate with tech professionals to implement effective systems
- Proven experience as a Supply Chain/Logistics Coordinator or similar role
- Familiarity with supply chain processes (e.g.inventory planning, warehouse management)
- Problem-solving aptitude, "get it done" attitude
- Attention to detail
- A college degree (BS or BA) or 2+ years experience in Logistics, Customer Service, Transportation, Finance, Inventory Management or other related field
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented and ability to multitask and prioritize
- Critical thinking, problem solving, issue resolution skills. Ability to collect data to gather insights and make recommendations
- Previous experience in a CPG and/or food manufacturing environment preferred
- Highly motivated, innovative, and able to respond to the challenges of changing customer needs
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Health, dental, avocado toast, puppies
Beat that, Google.