CAIS is a rapidly growing and dynamic FinTech firm on a mission to build the premier two-sided marketplace for wealth managers and product providers. We have created a B2B platform that connects a fragmented audience with complex financial products, where advisors and managers can engage and transact directly on a massive scale. We seek to level the playing field for independent financial advisors by democratizing access to alternative investments and removing operational barriers every step of the way. We are a high-energy, collaborative, and meritocratic group who seek to make an impact and play to win.
CAIS is seeking an Associate to join the Operations team. Successful candidates will have 2 – 3 years of experience at a fund administrator or bank platform, with a strong background in processing alternative investments and a desire to build relationships with administrators and fund managers.
- Preparation of daily, monthly, and quarterly upload files for Client Reporting database
- Ensure data integrity for all standardized and customizable reporting
- Ensure timely deliverables of all reports
- Resolve data reporting system issues and exercise judgment to escalate issues to senior team members as needed
- Ease error rates and mitigate risk through the adoption of appropriate controls, process documentation, cross training and process improvement
- Assist in the development of efficient processes and procedures working with the technology team to automate work flow as well as gain in-depth understanding of technology and operational workflow across multiple product lines
- Review and process alternative investment trades, including subscriptions, redemptions and transfers
- Manage interactions with sales regarding pipeline; monthly transaction execution with third party administrators and other external and/or internal groups
- Liaise and develop relationships with custodians, third party administrators, and other vendors
- Assist team with data requests, trainings, reporting, etc.
- Additional responsibilities to be determined based on capacity, skill and interest
- 2+ years of experience in alternative investments, ideally at fund, fund admin, or bank in an operations capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance or a related discipline preferred
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and CRM programs, preferably Salesforce
- Experience with VBA or Excel Macros a plus
- FINRA Registrations Series 7, 63 required within 3 months of employment
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and time management skills
- Ability to independently execute instructions with great attention to detail and consistently high-quality work product
- Experience coordinating multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment