Operations Associate at Rent the Runway
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
Stores at Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway has been at the cutting edge of brick-and-mortar retail for many years, experimenting with various concepts including appointment studios, dream closets, and pop ups. Our retail stores are the ultimate extension of our closetless vision - serving as inventory hubs and last mile fulfillment, pick up and drop off centers, appointment studios, and event and community space. We have a growing footprint of 5 retail closets across key markets in the United States.
RTR stores are powered by seamless technology that enables us to provide white glove customer service - including self service fulfillment, an innovative fitting room experience, and QR code customer identification. While we are passionate about technology, the heart and soul of Rent the Runway is in our team. Our retail teams are full of passionate, customer-centric individuals who are obsessed with providing the best possible experience for our customers. We believe that no issue is too big, and every customer interaction is an opportunity to help change the way women get dressed. From subscription swaps to styling sessions, our retail team is the front lines of our brand and we are excited to be building this team with amazing dynamic talent that believes in our vision for retail.
Rent the Runway is looking for Operations Associates to join the growing team at our Flagship Store location in NYC. In this role, you will be our expert closet operator, embodying our mission to empower women to feel amazing and provider her with the ultimate dream closet experience. You will support the team through every phase of the RTR operating journey: from managing inventory from our Dream Fulfillment Center, to maintaining in all areas of the customer pick-up and drop off. As an Operations Associate, you will be trained on all aspects of the RTR brand as well as critical systems and tools and will have the opportunity to be exposed to various aspects of the business.
The Day to Day:
- Prioritize daily tasks with Operations Lead and/or Operations Manager
- Participate in all training on Inventory procedures
- Adhere to opening, mid-day and closing Operations checklist
- Unload inventory received from the distribution center (DFC) and/or other carriers and check incoming shipments for mishandling and discrepancies
- Assist and maintain in all areas of customer pick up and drop off orders
- Meet and interact with customers; demonstrate an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Ensure all elements of a clean and organized stockroom, including but not limited to organization of dresses and accessories and other maintenance tasks
- Customer-Centric - guiding our customers through the RTR journey while listening to their needs, and communicating effectively with empathy.
- Problem Solver- making quick and impactful decisions in a fast paced environment that leads to positive end results.
- Dedicated – committed to RTR vision and mission, and providing the best experience possible for our customer.
- Resilient– honest and ethical in all interactions in and outside of the learning environment; uphold company values and policies; maintain the integrity of the content and delivery.
- 1+ years of experience in an inventory control role
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings, weekend, and holidays
- Must be able to work while standing and walking and be able to lift approx 20 lbs
- Must be able to climb stairs in a multi level store
- Ability to work 40 hours per week -- can include days, evenings and weekends. This is a full time role.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need