Operations Associate at CAMP
CAMP HQ (NYC)
About the Company
CAMP is a family experience store. Built to engage and inspire families, CAMP combines play and product throughout its stores to create enriching and fun experiences for all. Each CAMP location includes: a canteen (our general store), a café, an interactive space for play and shopping, and a theatre for activities and programming for kids and families of all ages.
What is the Role?
CAMP is expanding nationally and we are looking for an Operations Associate to assist in all day-to-day aspects of operations. In this role, you will be responsible for managing vendor relationships, production, warehouse performance and logistics in partnership with CAMP’s VP of Operations. You will work cross functionally with: Planning, Procurement, Merchandising, Finance, Production and Marketing teams. You will report to CAMP’s VP of Operations and work on the CAMP Store Support team (aka the CAMP corporate team) based in NYC.
You will be responsible for:
- Building and managing relationships with vendors to ensure on-time and compliant delivery of goods across sales channels
- Assisting the Buying team in the on-boarding and training of new vendors
- Partnering with our 3PL to oversee sales and transfer order management, receivings and returns across our D2C and store channels
- Supporting store staff in maintaining accurate inventory and other operational standard operating procedures, including resolution management
- Managing inventory movements, transfers and consolidations in partnership with Planning, Allocation and Procurement teams
- Owning the the movement of Fixed Assets across warehouses and store network in partnership with Production team
- Reporting performance on a weekly and monthly basis across vendor performance, inventory and other relevant KPIs
- Leading projects related to supply chain growth and optimization
What is required?
- 2 - 4 years of previous operations and/or logistics experience, omni-channel retail or consumer goods industry preferred
- Prior 3PL or warehouse management experience required
- Self-starter, proactive, ability to prioritize and shift focus with ease and flexibility - you are excited to dive in, build quickly and drive output
- Extremely detail oriented, diligent and thorough
- Desire to be part of a tight knit team looking to transform the traditional retail experience.
- Holding yourself and your employees/team to high standards
- You are not afraid to jump in where needed - no task is too big or too small for you, and you are willing to throw down and help your team before you are asked
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient data and quantitative skills, including building out models
Interested in joining the team?
- Submit your resume and cover letter to me, Dave, letting me know why you want this job and why we should hire you!