Operations Associate at Vestwell
WHO ARE WE?
Vestwell believes that all Americans should have easy access to a retirement account, which is why we’ve created a digital platform that makes it simpler to offer and administer 401(k) plans. We have built a digital-first platform designed to reset the bar to power a $30T industry.
Our focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of our financial services partners with the help of payroll providers. We make the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, financial advisors get to provide the advice and solution that employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution design for their needs without the headache, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading Fintech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-yr old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we’re working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Vestwell is expanding and we’re excited about bringing onboard an Operations Associate to our operations team who is passionate about our mission to change the retirement FinTech space. At a high level, we’re looking for someone who has insane levels of attention to detail and proven ability of juggling multiple priorities at once. You will be key to powering transactions on the platform and ensuring it runs at full speed.
We’re a startup… so a self-starter mentality comes first and foremost. You are someone who will dive into whatever challenge is placed in front of you, and find creative ways to solve problems.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
A key component of Vestwell’s mission to empower retirement savings includes effortless plan onboarding and maintenance (i.e. payroll, census, etc,). As an Operations Associate, you will monitor and support these processes to ensure that sponsors can provide a 401(k) plan with as little friction as possible.
Day-to-day you will also be expected to:
- Process and maintain all our payroll integrations; from data updates to downloads.
- Complete account updates, and other ongoing data reconciliations.
- Maintain existing knowledge bases and update them accordingly; look for ways to continuously improve existing processes.
- Provide support for our external partners as well as internal teams, for day-to-day operations.
- Identify and resolve discrepancies in payroll, eligibility, and other related activities, to ensure our data is consistent and accurate.
- Exceptional analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort working in a start-up environment with a substantial degree of autonomy.
- Proficiency with productivity tools: MS Office, JIRA, Slack, Zendesk, etc.
We’re a growth-stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We also have a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options in midtown Manhattan so you can be as productive as possible, and we hope to be back there once we’ve beaten this virus. In the meantime, we provide the team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!