ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm’s Operations Team is a group of fast-moving, analytical thinkers who thrive on getting stuff done. As a lean team at theSkimm, we do more with less, and we hustle. Nobody is too senior or too junior to do something - everybody executes, and we are always in growth mode.
As the Operations Manager, you’ll act as the lead for advertising operations and sales operations to help keep our sales efforts growing on a strategic path. Reporting to theSkimm’s Director of Operations, you’ll be responsible for overseeing traffic and advertising operations, leading sales operations efforts, and reporting and/or recommending growth initiatives throughout the company.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Help lead the implementation of a native ad server into theSkimm’s operations
- Lead day-to-day advertising and traffic operations for the company
- Provide high level, data-driven reporting to the executive team that allows both finance and theSkimm’s C-Suite to understand how we’re performing against targets and business goals
- Provide change-driven recommendations and insights that will help drive future successes across theSkimm’s monetization efforts
- Work alongside a wide variety of internal teams, including sales, content, marketing and finance
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years of experience in a role supporting sales and advertising operations, preferably at a digital media company
- A love for operations, process, and working with numbers
- Demonstrated organization & communication skills
- A solution-based approach to work where nothing is a problem, but rather a solution waiting to be found
- A strong work-ethic and the ability to self motivate in a fast-paced environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches and monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches and a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!