WHO WE ARE
The Farmer’s Dog exists to simplify giving every dog their best life. First up? Completely reimagining what pet food is, how it’s made, and how it’s delivered. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Our company was launched after our Co-founder, Brett’s, battle to cure the stomach issues of his Rottweiler, Jada. He quickly realized just how broken the commercial pet food industry was - even the “organic” and “natural” varieties proved to be heavily processed - and it was only when his vet recommended a fresh, home-cooked diet that Jada began to improve and was eventually cured. Through a combination of proprietary technology, and a lot of heart, our direct-to-consumer service was born.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
WHAT'S THE ROLE?
Our logistics team is at the core of everything we do at The Farmer's Dog. As the primary contact to our manufacturing and fulfillment centers, you will be laying the foundation for our growing business while creating lasting partnerships across our 3PLs. We are looking for an operations leader specializing in logistics, fulfillment, and transportation who can assist in building a strong foundation for an incredible customer experience. You will be responsible for day to day operations, while creating process improvements and launching strategic initiatives. You will build out the KPIs and SOPs needed for a lasting business and identify necessary resources as the team grows. This is an incredibly exciting role at the foundation of a growing business.
- Tactical logistics operations; primary contact and liaison for manufacturing, fulfillment, and carriers
- Building processes from the ground up, driving strategic initiatives, and managing our partners
- Work cross-functionally to execute day to day operations
- Combine in-depth analysis with hands-on learning to drive improvements across different parts of our supply chain that strengthen our infrastructure and add value to customers
- Spend time in our manufacturing and fulfillment centers as we launch new initiatives (30% travel)
- Benchmark current state KPIs to identify process improvement opportunities and utilize data to understand the scope, impact, and priority of projects
- 4+ years of related experience or equivalent in logistics and transportation
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Experience in driving cost reduction and continuous improvement activities to meet cost and service targets
- Experience in managing 3PL relationships and carrier management
- Process-oriented, deeply quantitative, and analytical
- Work with a high sense of urgency and be adept at prioritizing your time
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to liaise with all aspects of the business
- Passion for disrupting a broken industry and creating a trustworthy brand for pets across the world
PERKS & BENEFITS
- DOGS EVERYWHERE!
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Discount on TFD food for your pup!
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental and Vision
- Unlimited vacation & sick days
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Team outings, coffee always brewed fresh, and a strong snack game