Operations Manager at WeWork Technology
About the Role
WeWork is looking for an experienced Operations Manager with a strong project management and process background in the digital space to lead the operations efforts within our Developer Platform group. The group’s mission is to enable WeWork to build better products faster.
The person in this role would be responsible for establishing internal mission processes, ensuring effective communication, establishing best practices, participating in the establishment of goals, tracking and reporting goals, leading special projects, etc. in an effort to maximize the efficiency and facilitate the growth and impact of the mission.
This role reports directly to the Sr. Director of Engineering, Developer Platform, who will partner with them to determine how best to strategically set the mission up for success. Excellent project management, communication, issue resolution and process development skills are required. The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage through ambiguity and complexity, support multiple, simultaneous projects, and have excellent organizational skills.
- Own the logistics of Mission all-hands meetings in partnership with the Mission Coordinator
- Develop and maintain on-boarding program for new hires
- Establish and execute against a quarterly objectives/goals process
- Participate in the establishing of tracking, and reporting of quarterly and annual mission goals
- Take on special projects related to the mission to support growth or resolve existing challenges
- Participate in setting the overall strategy, especially with regard to operations, of the mission with mission leads
- Provides oversight on scope, issues resolution, timelines, roadmaps, and process at the program
- Contributes to strategic discussions regarding structure and operations for the program
- Leads large teams across squads/missions/departments
- Owns and leads multiple internal org building initiatives
- Partner with the Technology Operations team to ensure they have the necessary information they need for budgets, headcount planning, strategic planning, etc.
- Directly manage a Mission Coordinator to ensure flawless execution of operational and administrative efforts
- Work with Mission Leads to prepare for presentations, executive meetings, and team meetings
- Ensure an efficient interviewing and hiring process for the mission
- Define processes to be used across the mission to ensure consistency
- Ensure the team has the tools and workspace to be successful
- Plan projects and track milestones
- Measure improvements and the impact of change
- 5 - 6+ years of experience as the operations lead or project manager for a technical/digital team or organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a technology product environment
- Experience in high growth environments
- Ability to adapt to changes in priority and quickly determine the necessary adjustments in process and plans
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing projects and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that will enable you to earn trust at all levels
- Proven experience managing projects, budgets, and process