Operations Principal at Via
Via has partnered with transit agencies around the world to transform Paratransit, Non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT), and other public transit services. As a Via Operations Principal, you will drive major projects and product improvements across a breadth of areas and topics (e.g. pre-booking process, routing efficiency, paratransit trips brokerage, on demand trips incorporation). You will manage these projects end-to-end, from launch through to on-going deployments, coordinating with the operations teams, ensuring that the impact hits the bottom line and that we are delivering an exceptional experience. This makes this a challenging role that spans entrepreneurship, product development and operations management. We hope you are up for it!
What You'll Do:
- Own projects end-to-end (from planning, launch through to ongoing operations), with a particular focus on Via’s growing, highly innovative Paratransit, NEMT and other transit businesses
- Work cross-functionally across many teams at Via - Expansion, Marketplace, Driver Growth, Rider Growth, Tech, Product, Data Science, etc to achieve ambitious financial targets and exceptional customer outcomes
- Coordinate with the Operations teams to identify pain points and opportunities, shape projects and drive change management
- Optimize complex routing and scheduling processes and fleet-management logistics, powered by Via’s proprietary technology tools
- Assess the immediate and long term impact of operational changes, partner strategy shifts, and service design updates
- Interface with partners directly, speak to their service operations, offer insights and analysis, source feedback, and manage priorities accordingly
- Shape our future product and operational priorities and support Sales team by leveraging key learnings from active services to win new deals
- Work with associates and mentor and coach them to deliver distinctive project results
Who You Are:
- You are a bar raiser - always aiming for higher; and always being accountable for your own performance first
- Thrive in fast-paced environments, You are effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously; you can delegate, prioritize, and take responsibility
- A great executor: you are detail-oriented and will do whatever it takes to get the job done
- You are able to own large, complex projects end-to-end and drive to results. You bring organization and structure to highly-dynamic, multi-faceted projects with many contributors
- Highly effective communicator, skilled at communicating professionally with customers, operations teams, and drivers, riders
- Highly analytical and comfortable with making data-driven decisions at speed and scale - you can balance speed of execution with the necessity of using data to inform decision-making
- An independent self-starter: you enjoy working as part of a small team and are excited to help grow Via Paratransit
- 5+ years of work experience, likely at a high-growth startup, established tech company, consulting, or financial firm
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree with a record of exceptional academic and professional achievement
What Catches Our Eye:
- Serious project management experience, with demonstrable ownership of project outcomes
- You have worked to launch and scale a product or new business
- You have hand-on experience and solid understanding of deep analytical concepts (in areas like data science, discrete optimization)
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
We’re proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution and modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems and sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.