Operations Specialist at Clear Street
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As an Operations Specialist, you will utilize your deep understanding of clearing operations for a variety of financial instruments to drive the launch of new products while handling day to day operational tasks. Your experience working with multiple facets of clearing processes will enable you to work collaboratively with engineers to ensure the business requirements are delivered. You will work with groups throughout our organization, including Securities Lending and Execution, to understand their needs and effectively translate action items to our engineers.
Operations Specialist Characteristics:
- You have 3+ years of experience working for a clearing firm or Prime Brokerage that clears for outside clients.
- You are analytical by nature; you think beyond the immediate problem, solving for the underlying structure and identifying edge cases; you strive to understand the "why" behind how processes work.
- You are a natural problem solver; you easily navigate unclear problems and are able to identify efficient solutions.
- You are a communication chameleon; you easily navigate a variety of communication styles and seamlessly bridge the gap between the highly technical and non-technical.
- You are an autonomous self-starter; you are able to maintain timelines for yourself and others and feel comfortable driving a team forward to achieve amazing results.
- You have advanced Excel skills and strive to enhance your technical abilities by exploring SQL and Python.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference
- An environment that champions collaboration and prioritizes pragmatic solutions to complex problems
- Work that is fast paced, intellectually challenging, and most of all, profoundly rewarding
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks