Operations Strategy Manager at Better.com
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
We’re building a world-class mortgage operations team - one that combines highly effective processes and systems with a customer experience that people will rave about. The right person for this role can easily pair strategic thinking with operational efficiency, constantly pushing for better. Someone who knows what world-class operations looks like, who stays awake obsessing about throughput and cycle times, and who is itching to be the driving force behind a team that others will one day talk about.
Responsibilities will include:
- Help to drive operational strategy, continuous improvement and non-stop optimization of our fulfillment processes and systems leveraging a highly data-driven approach
- Build our automated mortgage fulfillment system that has transformed the industry
- Work cross-functionally to optimize existing processes for our global operations teams
- Support capacity modeling to ensure we’re utilized properly
- Generate novel analyses that educate business decisions and drive KPI execution (e.g. productivity, cycle time, quality)
Bonus points for:
- Certification in Six Sigma / lean / other process improvement methodologies
- Prior experience working in R/Python
- 3-5+ years of experience in a strategic operational role
- Highly structured thinker with the ability to methodically break down complex issues
- Strong bias-to-action, as well as a strong sense of practicality and effectiveness
- Highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
- Strong quantitative background in data analysis and modeling (SQL/Tableau is preferred)
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.