Operations/Supply Chain Manager at Hydrant
Hydrant is looking for an Operations/Supply Chain Manager to grow and improve the company’s supply chain as we scale. This role will have the opportunity to assume ownership of many key functions, including but not limited to demand planning, sourcing & purchasing, logistics & fulfillment, inventory management and reporting.
The Operations/Supply Chain Manager will get exposure to key leadership and will be pivotal in helping shape the direction of the business through operational innovations. The position calls for constant improvement, always analyzing, tweaking and finding better ways to enhance our current operations to meet the demands of current and new customers, both B2B and B2C.
Not only do you need to be analytical, detail-oriented, curious and an excellent communicator, you also need to be able to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty executing, whilst being able to think and communicate across departments, in a more strategic function. This is a great opportunity to join an incredible team at ground level and build a successful brand.
This role will report to the Head of Operations.
- Work cross-functionally to determine and plan demand by SKU, utilizing sales forecasts from various teams (retail, growth, Amazon, etc.) to plan production.
- Build and manage 12-month rolling production plan by SKU, based on sales channel needs and track monthly changes in product costs.
Sourcing & Purchasing
- Determine proper order levels and own the full purchasing lifecycle (purchase order submission, manufacturer management, logistics etc.).
- Negotiate and manage the procurement of ingredients to ensure accurate lead times across the supply chain.
- Identify, evaluate and onboard new vendors into the current supply chain based on Hydrant needs.
Logistics & Fulfillment
- Ensure all orders, B2B and B2C, are properly and accurately prepared by 3PL.
- Monitor and analyze performance of current partners (e.g. postage, pick-pack fees, shipping charges etc.).
- Manage all communication with outsourced transportation companies including pick-up scheduling and adjusting delivery schedules.
- Initiate logistic claims forms to manage complaints with transportation companies in case of defects on products due to transportation or failure to meet deadlines.
- From time-to-time, negotiate services with potential new transportation or 3PL partners.
- Own all aspects of inventory management to ensure proper stock levels and avoiding stock-outs across all sellable SKUs.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of inventory counts including investigating and reconciling any differences.
- Constantly improve inventory management processes and workflows, including supply chain effectiveness, fulfillment accuracy and speed.
- Run cost analyses for potential new vendors and products that Hydrant is looking to launch.
- Manage and distribute weekly updates on sales demand and mix, inventory (at warehouse, in-transit, in-production, etc.) to ensure cross-functional alignment on current inventory.
- Work with finance team to run monthly inventory reconciliations across all channels.
- Work on ad hoc projects to support internal teams such as product formulations, product & packaging design, wholesale inquiries etc.
- 2-4+ years of operations/supply chain work experience, prior experience at a CPG brand is a plus.
- Proven track record in demand planning, purchasing, inventory management, and logistics.
- Project management experience that shows ownership and how to organize, find solutions and follow through to a successful conclusion.
- Ability to think creatively and utilize strong analytical and problem-solving skills to drive results.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency with Excel (pivot tables are your friend!).
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) directly and accurately.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to complete projects.
Hydrant is an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones to come. You’ll find a supportive culture of continuous growth and a desire to make products that hydrate more people in more places. Competitive pay + equity, health benefits, including dental & vision (for full-time employees), paid time off, free Hydrant, and the chance to be among the first team members at a high-growth CPG start-up, where skill development and learning opportunities are abundant!