Overnight Manager, Customer Support (5am- 2pm est.) - Remote at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You are a hands-on leader, who will think and act both strategically and tactically, to drive a team’s engagement at all points of the customer lifecycle. You are passionate and deeply care about developing people and building a team. You are self-driven to be productive as you can come up with creative solutions to any problem you face, and know how to organize and prioritize your workload. You are empathetic, compassionate, responsive and resourceful. You are enthusiastic and creative with the ability to inspire others, as you will be responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing individual team members.
As a leader on our Customer Success team, you will be responsible for guiding our Support representatives as they expertly handle a high volume of inbound calls, tickets and chats. In this role, you will focus on keeping work quality high and response times speedy as the company and our customer base grows. Along the way, it's key that you collect and prioritize common requests and needs from our customers and their employees to help Justworks improve. As an Overnight Manager, you will be responsible for leading our overnight representatives through nightly duties, keeping the team aligned on their objectives, and ensuring a clear transition from the night team to the daytime team. This position is fully remote, so you can work from the comfort of your own home.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Scale/staff the Support team to handle current and future expected inbound inquiry volume
- Help to manage our 24/7 work hours and workforce planning
- Focus on process definition, optimization and improvements to make the team more efficient
- Collaborate with internal teams on tools and new platforms to deliver a high-quality customer experience
- Obsess over customer satisfaction and set clear expectations for what successful customer interactions look like
- Own and publish key metrics for the team, such as response time, customer NPS and work volume
- Work closely with our Training Manager to ensure that content is in place for successful new employee onboarding
- Handle general management responsibilities, such as leading regular team meetings, generating weekly metrics reports, and conducting periodic performance reviews
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Ensuring a daily clear transition between the overnight staff and daytime staff
- Ensuring your remote team remains motivated, engaged, and aligned to Justworks values, by thinking creatively of Team bonding and performance building activities
As a Manager of Customer Support, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Taking responsibility - being accountable, being committed, and accepting ownership for one's decisions, actions, and behavior.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Curious - the innate desire to learn, grow and understand.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Experience managing a team, experience managing a remote team a plus
- Proven excellence in support management
- Ability to identify service trends and present a path to resolve them
- Superior customer support skills and comfort handling challenging situations over the phone -
- Proficiency with CRM and communication platforms; admin experience a plus
- Prior experience taking projects to completion
- This position may require attendance to a few stakeholders meetings outside of your work hours. This would not be common, as all meetings would be recorded.
- Prior industry knowledge in Payroll, Benefits, Tax, or PEO experience a plus
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment