Packaging Manager at The Farmer's Dog (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, and Sweetgreen, we've raised over $100M in funding and seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Packaging manager will be the lead point of contact for all things packaging. They will lead optimization of our shipping boxes to support an ever increasing product assortment while maximizing the customer experience. Optimization includes, reviewing box size, box material and specs, insulation material and specs, insert designs, and supporting any new product introductions with an eye toward optimal box design. They will be the main point of contact for warm boxes.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Develop a long term packaging development plan to support our product development goals along with optimization of existing product assortment.
- Track innovations/ developments in the packaging market to develop potential packaging enhancement options.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to implement packaging changes.
- Manage warm box deliveries, and develop plans to remediate any warm box problems.
- Support primary packaging development and impact on the shipping box.
- Other Ad-hoc projects
We're Excited About You Because
- Min 5 years packaging design/ engineering with 2+ in temp controlled e-commerce (frozen preferred)
- Cross functional communications, third party management (e.g suppliers, chamber testing services)
- Extensive experience with temperature chamber testing.
- Temperature sensitive shipping and Box/packaging design.
- Experience using google and MS office Suite
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug