Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner
Greater NYC Area
Call9 clinicians deliver high quality palliative care services to vulnerable populations in the comfort of their own bed. Call9 connects world-class physicians and clinical care providers with nursing home patients to reduce unnecessary hospitalizations, promote value-based care, and offer compassionate acute and palliative care programs. Our clinicians provide medical care, point of care testing, diagnostics and interpretation, IV fluid and medication administration at the moment of a patient’s emergency, not after they are transported to a hospital.
Call9 is breaking the mold of traditional palliative care, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, and telemedicine. We are seeking a Full-Time NP to round on patients remotely and within the skilled nursing facilities as well as provide follow-up services. Keeping our patients and their families engaged in conversations about goals of care is paramount for every call we receive.
In this role you will
- Treat patients remotely and in-person
- Avoid unnecessary transfers from SNFs to the hospital
- Work with team of on-site emergency service providers and SNF nurses as well as off-site physicians and nurses
- Participate in QA/QI initiatives
- Contact and counsel families about advance care planning and goals of care
- Provide feedback to enhance our product offerings
We're looking for
- Master’s Degree in a Nurse Practitioner Program, required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse and a Nurse Practitioner in New York State
- National Board Certification in Geriatrics, Palliative Medicine required
- DEA certificate or in the process of obtaining
- Completion of a pharmacology component of not less than three (3) semester hours or the equivalent and has been instructed in New York State and federal laws relating to prescription and record keeping (3-hour course).
- Has a collaborative practice agreement with a physician and designated protocols, both filed with the New York State Department of Education.
- Previous experience relevant to the area of clinical practice (Geriatrics, Palliative Care and/or Post-Acute Care), preferred.
- Works well in multidisciplinary teams with strong communication skills
- Willing to learn and improve in an entirely new environment
- Travels to each SNF on a regular schedule
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a literally life-saving business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive benefits and flexible PTO
If you want to be a part of the future of medicine, apply today!
Read Full Job Description