Partnerships Operations and Strategy, Associate at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
The Better Partnerships Operations and Strategy Team is responsible for ensuring the success of ongoing partnerships for Better.com. As our business continues to grow, so too do our strategic partnerships - in both number and size. Our team works to identify potential improvements and resolve priority issues around existing partnerships and drive solutions with a wide array of cross-functional stakeholders.
The Partnerships Operations and Strategy Associate will assist in the design and delivery of initiatives across different existing partnerships. You will play a vital role in shaping the strategy and operations of existing partnerships - ensuring ongoing success and delivering value to our customers, our partner stakeholders, and our business. You will wear many hats and work collaboratively with Partnership Production managers/directors and stakeholders across the org to influence and execute sales, operations, marketing, and product strategy for our current strategic partnerships.
Responsibilities will include:
- Owning workstreams on major, cross-functional company initiatives related to ongoing partnerships
- Executing on analyses and research to diagnose opportunities for improvement across functions or address questions raised by senior internal or external stakeholders
- Assisting in the design and delivery of initiatives to address opportunities found in diagnostic work - working with managers and cross-functional teams to drive change across our business
- Becoming a Subject Matter Expert on specific segments and functions of Partnerships and related operations
- You are a strong performer with at least 1-2 years of experience in business operations / management consulting at a top-tier firm
- You are a self-motivated problem solver: able to structure practical answers to high-level questions - and execute on analyses and research to determine root causes
- You have strong data analysis, data modeling, slide writing and presentation skills; SQL experience strongly preferred
- You have excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- You are highly adaptable and are able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.