Patient Flow Monitor (Temporary, month to month contract) at Cityblock Health
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with NYC Residents in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
- Responsible for ensuring that patients are directed through the vaccination center in a safe and effective manner.
- Responsible for activities including but not limited to: greeting patients, navigation, wayfinding, screening patients, confirming eligibility, scheduling appointments, and other administrative duties
- Support patients as they navigate through the vaccination site with kindness and efficiency, ensuring that the safety and well being of everyone is accounted for
- This role is a month-to-month contract and will likely be held as long as the vaccination site remains open per the direction of the city. The vaccine clinic will be open 7 days/week and the shift hours are 9:30 am-6:30 pm with a 30-minute lunch break and two 15-minute breaks. A full-time commitment is 5 days/week and part-time commitment is 1-4 days/week. The team has a preference for weekend availability with full-time or part-time interest.
Requirements for the Role:
- You have 0-2 years of customer service or sales experience with an orientation towards excellence and kindness
- You have a passion for working within the community you are a part of
- You have dynamic interpersonal skills, great communication skills, and a strong desire to improve the health of individuals and whole communities
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Adherence to strict safety and COVID protocols
- High school degree or equivalent
- Proficiency with technology (tablet)
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to sit for long periods
- English proficiency
How We Define Success:
- Seamless operations with minimal wait times between patient vaccination appointments
- COVID safe environment with staff that are fully aware and engaged at all times
- Accurate documentation and eligibility verification of all patients
- Resident satisfaction with the vaccine experience
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience working in emergency response or high stress situations
- Experience working with the public
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Health care experience
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.