Patient Recruitment Operations, Senior Associate/Manager at TrialSpark
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. And the problem is only getting worse.
TrialSpark is a new healthcare company that owns the end-to-end drug development process. Our proprietary technology allows us to integrate and improve clinical research for patients, providers, and sponsors, while executing clinical trials faster and cheaper.
At TrialSpark, the Patient Recruitment group comprises several teams that are collectively responsible for developing and implementing strategies in order to enroll (and retain) patients faster, profitably, and with high quality. The Patient Recruitment Operations Senior Associate / Manager will be responsible for running point on day-to-day study execution, from the beginning of study start-up through the end of enrollment. In addition, they will help the team to optimize and scale its processes to work with more sponsors (companies who manufacture pharmaceuticals), sites, and patients.
Core Responsibilities will include:
- Participate as a core member of the clinical study team, representing Patient Recruitment (for each TrialSpark study)
- Develop and manage cross-functional project plans, including Marketing, Medical, Engineering, Business Intelligence (Data/Analytics), and other departments. Collaborate with stakeholders to achieve project milestones
- Help proactively document and maintain recruitment-related risks, action items, decisions, issues, etc.
- Support the training and management of TrialSpark’s Nurse Enrollment Specialists through coordination and regular check-ins. The nurses work with patients to assess their possible fit for a given clinical trial, then connect them with their local research site
- Help develop reports on study progress, including enrollment and retention results, for internal and external stakeholders
- Own process improvement initiatives that help scale TrialSpark recruitment engine, for instance decreasing study-startup timelines and ultimately enabling the team to enroll studies faster
- 3+ years of direct project management or operations experience
- Healthcare or other complex, highly-regulated industry experience is a plus, but not required
This may be a good fit if you...
- Love to create things from scratch and can operate effectively in fast-moving environments
- Are an effective communicator and thrive in cross-functional roles
- Are detail-oriented and thorough. You double and triple-check your work
- Are organized, persistent and empathetic. You consistently follow-up on tasks and aren’t afraid to track down people you need to help solve problems
- Are curious and proactively find ways to resolve issues before they arise
- Are able to navigate ambiguity and shift direction when priorities change
- Enjoy identifying and contributing to process improvements and knowledge management
- Have an interest in gaining exposure to marketing and/or reimagining clinical research
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.