Ribbon’s mission- and values-driven culture is what sets us apart, and we’re proud of how our individual team members contribute to our vibrant team on a daily basis. We’re looking for a People Operations Associate to help us further develop a healthy, supportive employee lifecycle. You will work closely with partners on the People team and across the entire organization to ensure that all people operations run smoothly and cater to the needs of both the individual and the team. This is the perfect opportunity for anyone looking to further their development in the People space while contributing to our mission of making healthcare decisions simpler for all.
What we look for at Ribbon
- Passion and drive to simplify healthcare by building products that increase access to care and power every healthcare decision to be high-quality, cost-effective, and convenient
- Commitment to Ribbon Health company values, working on an exceptional team, and building an exceptional company
- Grit, hustle, desire, and a “get-it-done” attitude; strong comfort with a lean startup environment, where everyone is encouraged to participate in and contribute across all teams
- Dedication to the creation of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where teammates are celebrated for their unique perspectives and work together to simplify healthcare for all
What we're looking for in this role
- Passion for people: You care deeply about how people contribute uniquely to a company’s culture, and you lend an empathetic eye to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Clear Communication: You have excellent communication skills across a variety of settings, including written and verbal, and enjoy collaborating with others towards a common goal.
- High Organization: You create structure out of chaos and thrive in environments that require you to multitask at a fast pace.
- Initiative & creativity: You proactively search for opportunities to add efficiency to redundant processes for yourself and for others, constantly searching for places where we can be more effective.
- Coordinate internal processes: You will work closely with the People team to facilitate internal processes such as onboarding, payroll management, job architecture
- Uphold our habits of excellence: You will support onboarding end-to-end, data changes on behalf of employees, policy acknowledgements, verifying employee information in our HRIS; consistently maintain confidentiality around sensitive information
- Provide guidance and expertise: You will have a comprehensive understanding of the employee lifecycle and help provide training and support around business processes (e.g. Compensation Changes, Employee Data Updates, Leaves, etc.)
- Organize team events: You will work with the wider organization to design and create fun events that bring our team closer together during these challenging times
- Drive Ribbon’s values-driven environment: You will actively contribute to our People strategy, identifying areas of strength to bolster and weakness to improve upon
- Learning and development: You will also have the opportunity to shadow experienced People Operations leaders to further your development in the People space and unlock further possibilities for you to contribute to the team
How we live out our values for our teammates
Our goal is to make this the best career decision any of us have ever made. We stand by our values to make it happen.
Run Toward Hard Problems | We are motivated by the toughest challenges. We seek out hard problems that have the most impact and solve them to help those who need it most. We encourage our teammates to take ownership of outcomes that motivate them. Everyone at Ribbon has a say in our objective and key result (OKR) planning process for their teams and across teams.
Put Your Team First | We are a family. We are all happier and healthier when we take care of each other and put each other’s needs ahead of our own. We take care of you by offering fully covered insurance premiums on health, vision, and dental, a 401K plan match, and a flexible working policy that includes progressive family leave guidelines, flexible working schedules, and unlimited vacation.
Do What You Say | We are honest with each other. We are accountable to each other. When we commit to accomplishing our goals, we make it happen. Every team member has the opportunity to own high-impact work at Ribbon.
Stay Hungry, Keep Improving | We are humble. We will make mistakes, learn from those mistakes, and be better because of those mistakes. Here, feedback is a gift and mistakes are learning opportunities. We have a thoughtful culture that focuses on giving and receiving regular positive and constructive feedback to help us support each other and make each other better. Also, speaking of “hungry” we offer plenty of snacks, food, and coffee.
Practice Habits of Excellence | We measure our success by the process it took to get there. We will always do our very best and we are proud of the outcome because of it. At Ribbon, we focus on how we get things done by documenting and sharing our learnings, We are building the systems we need to scale our company and support our work for the long-term.
Build With Empathy | We are building the best healthcare experience for our users. When faced with a difficult decision, we do what’s best for people’s lives. This includes our team. Every Ribbon teammate shares working and lifestyle norms, and we hold each other accountable to respecting these norms so each person can balance work-life integration that works for them.
Ribbon Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, performance, and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]