Block is a renovation platform transforming the $400 billion renovation industry. Today, doing a home renovation is an abysmal consumer experience and not easy for contractors either. Block democratizes access to high-end design, while combining design, construction, and materials into a streamlined experience. Block simplifies a complex and convoluted process and gives homeowners certainty on outcomes, quality, price, and time.
Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team who is unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Obvious Ventures, and more.
Block is looking for a Permitting and Approval Associate to join our Project Operations Team to help improve consistency, quality, and speed of renovations. This role will oversee all aspects of permitting and approval for Block customers, working cross functionally with homeowners, contractors and designers. The ideal candidate will leverage their impeccable attention to detail and technology-driven thinking to not only deliver great outcomes, but also improve our process and strategy.
- Execute permitting and approvals across all Block projects
- Maintain a comprehensive database of requirements from past projects
- Research and gather requirements for new geographies
- Engage multiple stakeholders, including homeowners, designers, and contractors
- Execute on tight timelines, establish accountability to third parties, and constantly improve the process.
- Experience working in a customer-facing role
- Tenacity for solving problems / getting things done
- Product and technology-driven thinking
- Highly organized and maniacal about detail
- Highly ambitious and goal-oriented
- Strong communication and relationship development skills, both internally and externally
- Ability build for long term, but also solutions-oriented for the present
- Familiarity in residential renovation
- Early stage employee equity
- Vacation days and company holidays
- 100% employer subsidized health insurance, dental, vision
- 12 weeks fully paid family leave + optional leave
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team