Pod Operations Associate at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the role:
- Support all administrative functions of a care team and Pod as an acting member of that care team.
- Serve as a representative of Cityblock to members, other health care organizations, practices, insurance partners, and other partners in ensuring that our members have the care and assistance they need to thrive.
- At the direction of the Community Health Partner Lead, work closely with team members to coordinate care as a team on behalf of members.
- Weekly tasks could include:
- Over time, learn to analyze reports and help team to plan and learn from data
- Coordinate transportation, home health, insurance, vendors, and other social service assistance services for our members
- Connect with insurance, other providers, and other organizations to request and deliver appropriate medical services and records for members
- Enable care team members to access & troubleshoot tech needs, including Epic Carelink, MAS/Medicaid transportation portal, Kisi, Lyft access and logging, room bookings and others
- Support team meetings with note-taking and follow-ups on all commitments
- Coordinate & communicate team calendar
- Use our analytical platforms to generate and communicate weekly reporting & planning to CHP Leads
- Use member benefits platforms to organize medicaid support and enrollment
- Manage logistics (rooms, food, planning) for case conferences, development sessions, meetings and team outings
- Troubleshoot and fix basic field team member IT issues; manage follow up on queue of outstanding requests
- Support an orderly, organized, comfortable office facility
- Coordinate member communications including monthly mailers, news, and scheduling
Requirements for the role:
- You are organized, resilient, and love to learn and improve every day
- You enjoy and are proficient using excel and other technologies to help organize information
- You have a passion for serving others and in particular the needs of underserved communities
- You enjoy true collaboration and teamwork
- You are comfortable communicating constantly and clearly with a diverse group of team members
- You are committed to delivering excellence in your professional interactions and communications
How we define success:
- Overall Member Communications: Calls to Cityblock are answered by a Cityblock representative during business hours
- Scheduling and Access: Ensure that there is availability for upcoming sick visit and regular visit requests, and schedule visits within 24 hours of request
- Member Net Promoter Score: Member satisfaction for Cityblock engagement from those visiting Hub for appointments, consults, coordination of care
- Initial Provider Visit: Ensure members visit a primary care provider within 90 days of enrollment
- Member Spend: Remain in compliance of member spend guidelines
Nice to have, but not required:
- Medical office or hospital environment experience
- College Degree or equivalent
- Certification or extended focus on data analysis platforms
- Experience and interest in healthcare and social services
- You are minimally certified as a medical assistant
- You are certified in phlebotomy
What we'd like from you:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- A short cover letter, please!