Practice Administrator at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
- Provide supervision and leadership for the clinical practice sites by guiding practice programming, overseeing operations, ensuring the implementation, evaluation and dissemination of projects, policies and procedures and the sharing of operational best practice across clinical sites.
- Ensure HOMs are surfacing and effectively communicating operational challenges and opportunities and providing a solutions approach to addressing and meeting expectations.
- Ensure compliance with policies and ensuring safety and protocol adherence across all aspects of operations including billing practices and proper documentation
- Assure optimization of technology and applications, including EHR, internal care management platform Commons and other tools used to support hub operations
- Foster a collaborative partnership with ACPNY leadership ensuring a seamless practice environment and problem solve any issues that may arise
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree - Business Administration; MBA, MPA, MPH or comparable, progressive experience working in high pace practices.
- You have experience successfully leading teams to meet their goals.
- You are an independent self-starter, a leader, and a strategic thinker who is excited about the big picture of whole community health, and the ongoing evaluation and iteration of our care model.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of people and operations experience with a proven track record of outcome-based management and clear and principled judgement. You are an experienced people manager with a track record of good management judgement.
- You are excited about how technology can support your work and help drive the ongoing evaluation toward new, better, care.
How We Define Success:
- Manage Hub Operations personnel to meet the identified metric targets of a given market
- Assess and Implement metrics to monitor Hub operations productivity inclusive of tact times for visits from member presentation to end of visit wrap-up;
- Monitor industry standard practice metrics (Third Next Available, No Show rates, Reschedule rates, etc. )
- Develop and implement provider schedules to maximize efficiency and provider productivity
- Proactive problem solver who raises potential issues with a proposal and solutions approach
- Fiercely prioritize highly collaborative member care with examples to back it up.
- People manager with a track record of coaching and performance managing direct reports Demonstrated dedication to leading through inclusion within your team
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Direct familiarity with clinical settings
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.