Pre-Purchase Manager at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
The Pre-Purchase Manager is responsible for overseeing a team that manages the file for purchase by the Investor. The Pre-Purchase Manager works with Investors to ensure prompt resolution of conditions needed for the file to be purchased. Further, the role works with the team on providing strategies for addressing common investor conditions to create a higher first pass rate at file submission.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provides guidance to all assigned employees in regards to daily performance and needs of the team
- Assists with identifying areas of improvement and establishing a path to meet deficiencies. Provides a monthly update on the employees performance in regards to production, quality, exceptions, attendance, etc.
- Participates in the hiring, promotion and disciplinary actions for all PPC US team members
- Communicates all directives to the team in regards to updates and/or changes.
- Manages and oversees all policy and procedures for PPC team
- Escalation point for aged and complex conditions needed to clear file for purchase
- Communicates with senior management to ensure aged files are being addressed properly and timely
- Works with Investors to understand trending conditions and communicates trends to senior management
- Oversee work-flow and manage distribution of production volume based on team capacity
- Coordinate with internal partners identify common conditions and their root causes to reduce future occurrences of recurring issues
- Coordinate with senior management and internal partners to manage relationships with investors to optimize best execution of delivery strategies
- 3+ years of mortgage experience, preferably in Post Closing
- 2+ years of direct management experience
- Demonstrated experience producing accurate and detailed work on multiple projects under time pressure
- Demonstrated experience communicating with all levels of management
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced and changing environment
Post Closing is a dynamic, multi-functional team that plays an essential role in the Mortgage process. As part of our back-office support, we perform several key functions to facilitate the purchase of loan files, after closing, to our Investor partners on the Secondary market.
We strive to ensure all loan documentation is complete and in compliance with State, Federal and Agency guidelines.
We are a growing team, committed to:
- Supporting Better in meeting corporate and departmental goals
- Producing a high level of service to our customers both internally and externally
- Encouraging growth and development within our teams
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.