Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 200+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
We are proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine as a best workplace of 2020 and have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating!
Role and Responsibilities
As a Pricing Operations Specialist, you will work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams to help drive the direction of Orchard’s fast-paced growth. This is an operational, entry level role where you will have the opportunity to learn Orchard's pricing/valuation approach to single family real estate. Reporting to the Manager of Investments, you will:
- Lead the company’s pricing/underwriting efforts in the pre-acquisition stage, while working closely with real estate operations teams to ensure accurate underwriting of our customer’s homes
- Collaborate with Orchard’s data science, tech, and product teams to drive improvements in Orchard’s automated valuation model
- Develop and improve the Investments team’s training material
- Grow Orchard’s bookings, in both established and new markets, by arriving at competitive and accurate home estimates for customers
- Collaborate closely with Sales to ensure Orchard provides a strong customer experience for every customer
- 1+ years of work experience, preferably in operations at a fast-growing technology company
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and business judgment skills
- Experience executing and building processes that are standardized and scalable
- Real estate domain experience a plus
- A no stone left unturned mentality. Results orientated with a high motor and an incredible attention to detail
- Tireless work ethic and accountability — if you say you’ll handle it, it’s as good as done. You also work fast.
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Strong sense of self-direction. You can anticipate what needs to get done without step-by-step instructions
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem
- A customer-centric mindset: you care about delivering an exceptional customer experience