Principal, Cybersecurity Governance, Risk, Compliance at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
Gemini has an exciting opportunity for a Security GRC Principal in our US based offices. The company seeks to identify a highly proactive and technical individual with proven talent in security process development, policy creation, security standard navigation, risk and control framework mapping capabilities, and strategic evidence collection/curation insight. The successful candidate will work alongside the rest of the GRC team to ensure policies, procedures, and guidelines align with regulatory requirements and security frameworks. This individual will work with other internal teams to align security goals and objectives with business stakeholders.
This position is full-time and will report to the Associate Director of Cybersecurity Risk & Governance.
- Support Gemini in Response to Regulators, Security Auditors, Client inquiries, and Due Diligence Questionnaires.
- Support Gemini compliance with NYSDFS Regulation 500 and all other regulatory bodies (Ex. CFTC, MAS, FDIC)
- Automate the response to questions from external parties related to security requirements to policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Support Gemini in automating the evidence collection process for audits.
- Automate the enforcement of security requirement to policies, procedures and guidelines
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Five years of experience in the cyber security field developing and/or updating cyber security related documentation, policies, procedures and standards.
- FDIC Familiarity
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, auditors, and team members.
- Strong organization skills to prioritize work and balance complex projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a broader team.
- Experience with automation of GRC initiatives and priorities.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.