Principal Engineer at BentoBox
BentoBox empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits and relationships. The hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant and the guest. BentoBox puts the restaurant first and offers tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurant’s website. BentoBox is trusted and loved by over 5,000 restaurants worldwide including The Meatball Shop, Joseph Leonard, Union Square Hospitality Group, Major Food Group, Rose’s Luxury, Eleven Madison Park & many more. Learn more at www.getbento.com
We’re looking for a Principal Engineer to help build the world’s best digital operations platform for restaurants. This role will be instrumental in building new applications, solving complex problems, and contributing high-quality code. Our current technology stack consists mostly of Django / Python and React, but we are always looking to use the tools that are most appropriate for the task at hand.
- Scale existing applications, through iterative, incremental improvements in architecture and implementation
- Ensure teams implement and adhere to cloud based architectural design patterns and best practices
- Collaboratively design effective, efficient technical solutions, and clearly, concisely communicate and execute with engineering team
- Consult with Product Owner, development leadership and subject matter experts on technical approach, implementation, and sizing of product roadmap projects and features
- Support product engineers in the definition of delivery plans and squad commitments
- Support product engineers in the prevention and resolution of application security threats and issues
- Uphold BentoBox’s core mission, vision, and values
Skills and Attributes
- 10+ years of experience writing production code
- 3+ years of being in a software architecture role
- Strong experience architecting and developing solutions for a scaling ecommerce platform
- Strong experience working with cloud platforms (preferably AWS)
- Strong experience building REST API's
- Strong experience writing code within the context of a web-based framework such as Django Rails or Node along with an ORM.
- A strong understanding of React with Redux
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), commuter benefits, life insurance)
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development, growth, and support
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers such as tip reimbursement
- Stylish SoHo office with fresh snacks, seltzer, cold brew coffee, and a bar
- Delicious catered lunches from BentoBox customers every Friday
- Making a positive impact on the hospitality community
Please share with us why you’re interested in this position. Include a link to your Github account, or any other public code samples you’d like to share with us.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 15-minute screening call with our Recruiting team.
- Next, they will have a 45-minute phone screen with our VP of Engineering to discuss overall fit.
- Next, they will have a 45-minute phone screen with our CTO to discuss technical achievements.
- The final round will consist of meeting with a member of the product team and a few engineers.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer pending a reference check.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.