Procurement Manager at Unqork
Unqork is the no-code platform that's pioneering a new way for companies to build, deploy, and manage complex, enterprise-grade applications. At this moment, Fortune 100 companies are using Unqork to create and deliver software without writing a single line of code.
Gary Hoberman, former CIO of Metlife, founded Unqork in 2017 with a team of hand-picked industry professionals, and together we're creating a massive paradigm shift in the way software is built. If you want to have a hand in defining the future of application development, we want to hear from you.
A vendor management role involves working closely with all the company’s departments and vendors to make purchasing decisions and maintaining relationships with vendors throughout their lifecycle with the company.
Specific vendor management roles and responsibilities include communicating with vendors to ask any product or price questions, negotiating contracts to get the desired pricing, conducting RFPs, and providing leadership over purchasing agents and buyers. This role requires strong communication and proven negotiation and relationship management skills to effectively maintain vendor relationships. Math and decision-making skills are important for selecting vendors that best fit the company's needs.
- Negotiate with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms; Develop procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective
- Review existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness; Prepare procurement reports.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control the procurement budget and promote a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs.
- Monitor and update relevant departments regarding price fluctuations of goods and vendor pricing
- Work closely with the legal department to ensure contract terms are favorable to the company
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Implement new processes and improve existing ones
- Implement supplier or third-party management software
- Work closely with Security, Finance, Legal and IT to track all the company requirements on the supply of goods and services.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years working in a purchasing role, with exposure and prior experience in other functions of the business (e.g. marketing, finance, client management, etc.)
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- Proven working experience as a procurement manager, procurement officer or head of procurement
- Good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software is a must
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong understanding of procurement and negotiation techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Prior experience working at a fast-growing, fast-paced SaaS startup
- Certifications in vendor management (e.g. Compliance Education Institute's Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager certification, International Association for Contract and Commercial Management's Supplier Relationship Manager credential.)
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.